GLG Network Survey: Gaming Industry
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives within the gaming industry across LATAM and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the implications of COVID-19 on the sector, and post-pandemic expectations.
- The survey also covered technological innovation of the industry such as cryptocurrency.
- Furthermore, we explored recovery of the market, specifically when and how customers will return to the industry.
Examples of findings:
- When asked about post-recovery revenue distribution, just 36% of respondents believed that this would look similar to pre-pandemic levels.
- 87% of respondents believe that the fastest method to revenue recovery is through marketing and communications, with this number rising to 95% of respondents from LATAM.
- Going forward, cashless gaming was ranked highest to stay after COVID-19, and 77% of respondents stated that regulatory involvement would be key to advancing this.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Kym Sleezer, CEO & President of Triple Ripple Group.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What key areas will have the biggest allocation of capital expenditures?
- How much of a role does technology innovation play a part in your company’s short term strategic roadmap?
- What has will be the biggest operational strategic change your company will make to be more profitable moving forward?
- How much of a priority is travel and tourism a driver to expedite growth and recovery?
- Which areas of your company will have the greatest short term (2021-2023) technology innovation?
- What type of regulatory barriers can vendors face when introducing innovative products and services to the market?
- Which areas will face the greatest regulatory challenges for operators from its regulatory body from now through 2022?
- What are customers’ primary demands and expectations as we move forward towards recovery?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services
- Beauty Product Retailers + Event – New!
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
- Film Production II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 75 executives working within the film industry discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the film and streaming industry, outlook of competitive landscape of the long-video streaming space under the influence of Coronavirus.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Steve Tzirilin, VP of Creative Content in Fox’s Franchise Management group.
- UK Pubs II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 50 UK pub owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business. The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 in 2020 on pubs’ operating profits and what support pub owners received from the government.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns.
- UK Gym Operators II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.