What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A Cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites (“Cookie”). The other tracking technologies work similarly to Cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our Sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites. The information provided below about Cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- Provenance: Who is putting the Cookies on your device
- Duration: How long a Cookie will be on your device, and
- Purpose: What the Cookie’s purpose is while on your device.
Provenance: First and Third-Party Cookies
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to GLG and that GLG places on your device.
“Third-party Cookies” are Cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. GLG may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users.
Duration of Cookies
“Session Cookies” Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above. You may refuse to accept browser Cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Sites. The data collected by the Sites and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information will not be kept for longer than one year.
Purpose of Cookies
The purpose of the Cookies used on our Site are categorized as follows:
- Strictly Necessary
“Strictly Necessary” Cookies let you move around the Site and use essential features like secure areas. Without these Cookies, we cannot provide the requested services. We use these Strictly Necessary Cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to our Site and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works
- For security purposes
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works. Accepting these Cookies is necessary in order to properly use the Site, so if you prevent these Cookies we can’t guarantee how the Site or the security on our Site will perform during your visit.
“Performance” Cookies collect information about how you use our Site e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These Cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Site works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We use Performance Cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how our Site is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their Site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the Site that have viewed a particular page
- Help us improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the Site: Some of our Performance Cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the Cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
“Functionality” Cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use Functionality Cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, and language preferences
- Show you when you’re logged in to the Site
- To provide and show embedded video content
- To enable our chat function: Some of these Cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the Cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
“Marketing” Cookies track your online activity to help us deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad.
- Marketing Cookies can share that information with third parties, such as other organizations or advertisers.
- These are Persistent Cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
We respect your right to privacy, if you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, or you wish to change your existing Cookie settings at any time, you can adjust your settings by clicking the link below. If you use your browser settings to block all Cookies it may impact your experience and some Site functionality may be disabled.
Please note, Strictly Necessary Cookies are automatically set on your browser when you visit our Site and cannot be disabled using our cookie banner. These Cookies do not directly identify you and are required for our Site to work properly.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.
60 East 42nd Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10165