What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites, to the extent you agree. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our Sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites. The information provided below about cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
First and Third-Party Cookies
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to GLG and that GLG places on your device.
“Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. GLG may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary
“Strictly Necessary” cookies let you move around the Site and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services. We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to our Site and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works
- For security purposes
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Site, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how the Site or the security on our Site will perform during your visit.
“Performance” cookies collect information about how you use our Site e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our Site works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how our Site is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their Site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the Site that have viewed a particular page
- Help us improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the Site Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, and language preferences
- Show you when you’re logged in to the Site
- To provide and show embedded video content
- To enable our chat function Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties. We do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites. If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.
60 East 42nd Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10165