GLG Network Survey: Airport Ground Handling
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany who discussed the latest trends in the market.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the current challenges in the market and provided their views on recovery trends.
- The survey investigated the % change of revenue as a direct result of the lasting impact of COVID-19.
- Lastly, the research covered the experts’ predictions on possible mergers and acquisitions in the market.
Examples of findings:
- Most experts (88%) mentioned they expect industry revenue budgets for 2023 to be more than the ones in 2022.
- Only 42% of respondents stated that more than 90% of their normal flight-related activity is currently in operation.
- 46% of participants think it is very likely some ground handling companies will file for bankruptcy in the next period.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy at Etihad Airways.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- If you have been servicing flights since September 2021, did the airlines continue paying for the services you provided as per the contract?
- When do you think flight volumes will go back up to pre-COVID 19 levels?
- What % of your normal flight-related activity is currently in operation?
- Do you anticipate purchasing Ground support equipment (GSE) in 2022?
- How likely do you think some Ground Handling companies will file for bankruptcy?
- How likely do you see the aviation industry downsizing in the future?
- Please finish the following statement: I expect industry revenue budgets for 2023 to be…
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.