Summary – This Notice
This Notice explains how we may Process your Personal Data. This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates.
This Notice is issued by Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.® on behalf of itself, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (together, “GLG”, “we”, “us” and “our”) and is addressed to individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact, including customers, visitors to our Sites, and other users of our services (together, “you”). Defined terms used in this Notice are explained in Section (S) below.
For the purposes of this Notice, GLG is the Controller. Contact details are provided in Section (R) below.
This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of Personal Data, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to read this Notice carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make in accordance with the terms of this Notice.
Collection of Personal Data
Summary – Collection of Personal Data
We may collect or obtain Personal Data about you: directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Data public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you visit our Sites; when you register to use any of our Sites, or services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on a Site. We may also receive Personal Data about you from third parties (e.g., law enforcement authorities).
Collection of Personal Data: We may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone).
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., we provide a service to you, or to your employer).
- Council Member data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data if you apply to become a Council Member.
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media or business networking profile(s)).
- Site data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through a Site.
- Registration details: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you use, or register to use, any of our Sites or services.
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., credit reference agencies; law enforcement authorities; etc.).
Creation of Personal Data
Summary – Creation of Personal Data
We may create Personal Data about you (e.g., records of your interactions with us).
We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions with us, our clients, or our Council Members.
Categories of Personal Data we may Process
Summary – Categories of Personal Data we may Process
We may Process: your personal details (e.g., your name, biographical information); demographic data; your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; payment details; information about our Sites (e.g., the type of device you are using); details of your employer (where relevant); information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- Personal details: given name(s); preferred name; and photograph (if provided).
- Demographic information: date of birth; salutation; title; and language preferences.
- Council Member data: With respect to Council Members (in addition to any other applicable category set out in this Notice), we also collect wireless device addresses (including text message addresses), payment information, professional biography, and other profiling information pertaining to your experience and expertise.
- Contact details: address; telephone number; email address; and details of your public business networking profile(s) or online biographies.
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Payment details: invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; bank account number; card or account security details; BACS details; SWIFT details; IBAN details; payment amount; and payment date.
- Data relating to our Sites: device type; operating system; browser type; browser settings; IP address; language settings; dates and times of connecting to a Site; username; password; security login details; usage data; aggregate statistical information; internet service provider (ISP) details; referring and exit pages; and clickstream data.
- Employer details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the name, address, telephone number and email address of your employer, to the extent relevant.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.