GLG Network Survey: US Universities
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 deans and senior leadership professionals working in universities across the US.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the intake volume as well as their budgeting plans for the upcoming terms.
- The survey assessed the key selection criteria for food service providers and educational resource publishers.
- Lastly, experts provided a competitive assessment of food service providers such as Aramark, Sodexo, Compass and Elior, and educational resource publishers such as Pearson Education, Macmillan Learning, McGraw-Hill Education, HarperCollins Publishers and Simon & Schuster.
Examples of findings:
- 28% of the experts mentioned the intake volume for the Fall 2021 has decreased by at least 10% compared to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- Overall, 76% of the respondents are expecting more than 60% of their student base to return on campus starting rom the Fall 2021.
- 53% of respondents stated they will not increase the budget for food service providers and 27% respondents mentioned they will not increase the budget for educational resource publishers in Fall 2021.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Carol Mandel, Distinguished Presidential Fellow with the Council on Library and Information Resources in Washington DC.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How is the current enrolment volume of students for the following terms compared to pre-COVID-19 levels?
- Approximately, what percentage of your student base will be on campus for the following terms
- Approximately, how is the current food service budget of your institution compared to pre-COVID-19 levels?
- Which of the following are the top 3 selection criteria for a food service provider for your institution?
- How likely are you recommend the following food service provider to your peers?
- How likely is your institution to increase the budget for educational resources in the following terms?
- Which of the following are the top 3 selection criteria for educational resource publishers for your institution?
- How likely are you to recommend the following educational resource publisher to your peers?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) and Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sectors:
- GLG Tracker: Beauty Product Consumers II – New!
- 4,100 consumers of haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products, provided insights into their attitudes and habits in order to highlight trends in the industry. This is part of a GLG tracker and it is the second wave of the survey following the first iteration in August 2020.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oreal.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators III – New!
- Third survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020 and second wave in March 2021. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
- CDN Customers – New!
- 70 customers of Content Delivery Networks discussed their usage of CDNs, providing a competitive assessment of the various vendors within the space such as Fastly, Akamai and Cloudflare. Furthermore, respondents discussed the services they use, uptake as a result of COVID-19, and outages experienced with their vendor.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Maurizio Monti, former Channel and Partnerships Manager at Cloudflare.
- UK Rail – New!
- Following the William-Shapps review, GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes on the industry following the creation of GBR. The survey discussed the future of British railway and the impact this may have on booking apps such as Trainline going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd.
- Semiconductors Supply Chain – New!
- 60 senior executives working within the semiconductors space (suppliers/ distributors, manufacturers) commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Hans Rijns, former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
- Online Car Platforms – New!
- 70 senior executives working at car dealerships across the US and Europe commented on their preference for online platforms such as Autotrader, Carsnip, Carzoo, CarShop, CarGurus, Heycar, Carwow, Cinch, Carzam, Carvana and Carmax.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Danielle Gauci, former Communications Director at Carwow Ltd.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.