GLG Network Survey: UK Dental Chains
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 dentists and practice owners in UK.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends.
- The survey provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Lastly, the research gathered views on which corporates (MyDentist, BUPA, Rodericks, Portman etc.) are most likely to recover the quickest to pre COVID-19 levels.
Examples of findings:
- 67% of respondents stated a negative impact due to COVID-19, with 70% indicating a decrease of more than 30% in their overall activity.
- Only 24% of the dentists found it easy to recruit new vacancies in their practice. In fact, 37% claim it is a difficult process.
- BUPA is considered by 42% of respondents to be best positioned to recover the quickest to pre COVID-19 levels, followed by Portman (32%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Contract reform has been ongoing for many years. How likely do you see this being resolved in the next 12 months?
- How much do you agree with the following statement: “The variable UDA rates for practices represent a fair system”?
- Approximately, what has been the reduction in your overall activity in the last 12 months?
- Has the support from the NHS throughout 20/21 meant you feel more positive or negative as an NHS dentist than prior to COVID-19?
- How quickly do you believe patients’ confidence will resume and it will return to pre COVID-19 levels?
- As a private clinician, have you previously considered switching to the NHS due to the lack of government support?
- In your view, what are the key drivers to low dentist turnover?
- What would make you consider moving to another practice?
- How satisfied are you with the UDA system?
- Within your practice, how difficult is it to recruit for dentist vacancies?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake – New!
- 80 virologists and physicians discussed their perception of efficacy and safety of the different vaccines, vaccine uptake, but also their views on the importance of the company who developed the vaccines on the uptake in US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Michael Thomas, former Director of Vaccine Supply and Demand at Gavi Alliance.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 80 hospital executives and physicians commented on the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programmes in the US and Europe. These respondents also provided insight on their concern of the side-effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines along with their thoughts on how long immunity can last. This survey also gathered their projections for full immunisation period of risk groups and current challenges in the distribution of vaccines to their institutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Member, Robin Robinson, current Chief Scientific Officer at RenovaCare and former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
- 50 Cardiologists, GI docs, Diabetes docs, Dermatologists, Women’s Health (GY-OBN) in the US and EU, discussed the latest trends in Telemedicine.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nirmal Patel former CMO/VP of Population Health at United Health Group Incorporated and former SMIO at Teledoc.
- Plasma Industry
- 37 plasma collection centre operations managers commented on the changes in their daily activity as well as commented on future collection volumes in the next months.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Thomas Machnig, former Director/Head of Global Medical Affairs Specialty Products at Csl Behring Llc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.