GLG Network Survey: UK Insurance
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 30 senior executives working at insurance brokerages on the current trends in the UK Insurance industry.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the current trends within the UK insurance space from the perspective of brokerages.
- Respondents discussed the future of the industry, implications of Brexit and regulatory changes on the space.
- Lastly, the survey looked into the perspective of future consolidation in the industry and its possible drivers.
Examples of findings:
- The outlook of the market is optimistic, with 70% of respondents expecting growth of more than 5% in the next year.
- Looking at specific sectors, cyber looks most promising from the view of our experts, with 80% responding that this area is the best opportunity for growth in the next 3 to 5 years.
- Brexit has had a mixed impact on brokerages, with 43% stating it has had no impact, 10% experiencing an increase in profitability, and 47% experiencing a decrease.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Brendan McCafferty, former CEO at Brightside Group PLC.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How do you expect revenue growth rates to perform in the next twelve months?
- In your view, which markets will be most profitable for brokers in the next three years?
- In your view, which of the following capabilities will brokers operating in the retail and commercial markets need to have to be sustainable in the next five years?
- What areas do you expect to see regulatory intervention in the next three years?
- In your view, what are the main drivers of consolidation in the sector?
- To what extent has Brexit had an impact on revenue growth in broker businesses?
- How likely do you believe the UK government and regulators will take advantage of Brexit to loosen the constraints on conduct regulation in insurance markets?
- In what ways do you see technology and digital capabilities changing the insurance industry?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Non-Performing Loans II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 30 directors working in banks across Spain, Italy and Greece commented on the demand of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in Covid-19 times, whether they are seeing an increase in NPLs, potential supply of NPLs and the appetite for demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- Payment Systems + Event
- 70 executives in the payments space (AMEX, Visa, Stripe, WorldPay, etc.) commented on the impact of Covid-19 on the market trends in the payment space, transaction volume, competitive landscape.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Eric Grover, Principal at Intrepid Ventures who specializes in providing corporate development and strategy consulting to payment networks across the US and Europe.
- SPACs + Event
- 70 SPAC sponsors and investors who addressed the trend within the European region. They discussed current attitudes and trends around this form of investment.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Benjamin Pell, Founder and Managing Partner at Verdene Group. Data released in May 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.