GLG Network Survey Tracker: Hydrogen Market Overview II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 45 senior executives and users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry in the US and Europe (following the first survey published in October 2020).
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the use of hydrogen as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Experts provided their views on the legislative impact on the industrials industry and whether they promote hydrogen as clean fuel in their sector of expertise.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ views on the demand usage in the next 5 years as well as their projections for the price premium for green hydrogen in 10 years’ time.
Examples of findings:
- Perception about the long-term impact of the wider use of hydrogen on various sectors has not changed from the first iteration of this study, with 62% stating a major impact in April 2021 compared to 61% back in October 2020.
- In April 2021, 47% of experts mentioned there is an essential priority in their sector(s) to reduce emissions, up by 11% from the data collected in October 2020.
- 24% of experts stated that the price premium for green hydrogen is less than 20% in April 2021, compared to 18% reported in the first iteration of this study published in October 2020.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at Acal Energy.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- What is your sector’s priority for using hydrogen as a fuel?
- In the long term, what effect is hydrogen going to have in your sector(s)?
- What impact is government legislation going to have on your sector’s choice in making/using hydrogen?
- What is the current price premium per kWh of blue hydrogen compared with grey hydrogen?
- What impact do you think hydrogen will have on the listed industrial sectors?
- What are your major concerns about the use of hydrogen?
- What would be the major benefit from using hydrogen?
- What priority does your sector have for reducing emissions?
- Are you aware that hydrogen will be injected into the natural gas grid in the future?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy and Industrials (EI)
- European Airports Outlook New!
- 50 senior executives working at airports in Europe discussed about expected passenger volume and main factors that can help or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels. The survey also gathered insights about their views on COVID-19 passports and how their introduction will align with country quarantining restrictions, along with projections on which countries will recover the quickest from the impact of COVID-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alex Kirby, former Senior Advisor to the Board ofDirectors at Gatwick Airport.
- Bioplastics Market Overview New!
- 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business. The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Marc Verbruggen, former President/CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
- Container Shipping New!
- 60 executives internationally at shipping container liners discussed current trends within the industry. The survey covered topics such as demand and volume from a regional perspective, as well as pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Williams, Managing Director at Shipping Strategy Ltd.
- Wind Turbine Market Overview New!
- 70 senior executives working in the wind power industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on their operations and purchasing plans. The survey also covered the competitive landscape of the key OEMs in the market along with the respondents’ projections on the future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Randall Tinkerman, former Consulting Due Diligence, Offshore Wind Tender Evaluator at the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate in Netherlands.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive Suppliers II New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 60 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Spadafora, former Chief Engineer, Global SUV at General Motors Company.
- Drilling Market Overview
- 65 senior executives discussed their drilling activity and contractual impact in the last 12 months, impact of COVID-19 and their projections for the short and medium term.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Roger Hodgson, former Commercial and Marketing Director at Weatherford Drilling International.
- GLG Tracker: Aircraft Leasing Executives II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
- GLG Tracker: Airport Ground Handling II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in June 2020. 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany, discussed the latest trends in the market and the impact of Covid-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.