GLG Network Survey: Tour Operators
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives working at tour operators on the current trends within the industry in Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- In this survey, experts in the tour operator industry discussed the outlook of the industry following COVID-19 and the implications going forward.
- The survey investigated the expected trends of customers following COVID-19 and what may be impacting their normal booking behaviour.
- Furthermore, it provided an overview of the competitive landscape of operators, providing an evaluation on the perceived hardiness of various operators such as TUI and ClubMed.
Examples of findings:
- 72% of respondents mentioned they expect that summer 2022 will see an increase of traveller numbers from 2019, though there are major factors affecting return to travel such as government policy (100%) and paperwork/testing requirements (85%).
- Experts reported a change in booking behaviours too, with 86% reporting that customers are booking closer to departure dates and also spending more on their holidays (84%).
- Furthermore, operator prices are expected to increase, with 52% stating that prices will need to cover higher costs of operation due to COVID-19.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Stuart McLeod, former Founder & MD of Zenith Holidays.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your view, what has been the impact of COVID-19 on revenues for the travel sector?
- Did any of the suppliers that you work with cease trading entirely as a result of lockdown?
- How likely is it that tour operators will need to increase prices to cover higher costs of operation due to COVID-19?
- What is dissuading customers from returning to their normal booking behaviour?
- In your view, have customers shown preferences for the type of holidays they are now booking?
- Have customers shown a preference to spend more on their next holiday?
- When do you expect traveller volumes and revenues to return to pre COVID-19 levels?
- With the upcoming COP26 conference, to what extent is introducing further sustainability initiatives a priority to your programme?
- Which of the following operators do you see as most likely to recover the quickest from COVID-19?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- US Universities – New!
- 50 deans and senior leadership professionals working in universities across the US commented on the intake volume for the upcoming terms as well as their budgeting plans for food service providers such as Aramark, Sodexo, Compass and Elior, and educational resource publishers such as Pearson Education, Macmillan Learning, McGraw-Hill Education, HarperCollins Publishers and Simon & Schuster.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Carol Mandel, Distinguished Presidential Fellow with the Council on Library and Information Resources in Washington DC.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators III – New!
- Third survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020 and second wave in March 2021. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
- UK Rail – New!
- Following the William-Shapps review, GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes on the industry following the creation of GBR. The survey discussed the future of British railway and the impact this may have on booking apps such as Trainline going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd.
- GLG Tracker: Hotel Operators IV
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in April 2021, second wave in October 2020 and first wave conducted in May 2020. 50 hotel brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives across Europe and the US discussed the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Neil Amin, current CEO at Shamin Hotels.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.