GLG Network Survey: Testing, Inspection and Certification
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working at Testing, Inspection and Certification companies.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This survey discussed the future of the industry and growth projections going forward.
- It also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on the industry and implications on various areas such as cancellations/postponements and staffing.
- Furthermore, we covered a competitive overview of the players within the industry, providing an overview of these main TIC players.
Examples of findings:
- The Testing, Inspection and Certification industry is evaluated as being a high growth industry, with 69% estimating growth of more than 4% since 2015 and a further 69% estimating more than 4% growth by 2023.
- Evaluating the three areas of Testing, Inspection and Certification, respondents evaluated testing as the area they expect the most growth (41%) followed by certification (35%) and inspection (25%).
- The industry is set to undergo change in the next three years, with 78% of respondents expecting an increase in acquisitions and 56% expecting significant divestitures.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Emmanuel-Jean Petit, former CEO at Apave International.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What do you estimate the growth of the industry to be over the coming years?
- When evaluating the testing, inspection and certification industry, where do you expect to see the highest growth?
- Please rank these with ‘1’ being the area you expect to see the most growth.
- What has been the trend of acquisitions in the past 3 years within the countries you are knowledgeable of?
- In your view, what was the impact of COVID-19 on revenues in your industry?
- When do you expect the industry to recover to pre COVID-19 levels?
- What percentage of inspections do you estimate were postponed and/or cancelled due to COVID-19 lockdowns?
- Looking at TIC services in the next 5-10 years, which of the following do you expect to be introduced in the way services are delivered?
- What pricing trend do you expect over the next 3 years?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Petrochemical – New!
- 60 C-level executives working in the petrochemical industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on the sector and provided insights into its performance in the first half of 2021. The research also investigated the current demand issues and prediction for the rest of the year.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Hodges, Chairman at International eChem. Data released in July 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Airline Lessors III – New!
- Third wave to follow the second wave conducted in March 2021 and first wave conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discount their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings.
- Coal Phase-Out – New!
- 70 senior executives working at power plants and utility companies in Europe and North America provided their views on the organisational, investment and market implications of the coal phase-out. The survey also gathered insights into alternatives that fuel organisations are planning to use in the future and what prerequisites are missing for the market to become ready for the phase-out of coal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Markus Hatwig, former Head of Group Strategy for the Vattenfall Group.
- Geophysical Services
- 50 senior executives within the Geophysical Services industry discussed the current trend and outlook for these services and end markets. Topics covered include the impact from COVID-19 on the industry, as well as oil prices.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mike Edwards, Board Member at Geopost Energy. Data released May 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Airport Ground Handling III – New!
- 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany discussed planning and forecasting recovering following COVID-19. This is the third wave to follow the second wave conducted in February 2021 and first wave conducted in June 2020.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
- E-mobility – New!
- 95 senior executives from the Oil & Gas industry and Automotive industry who discussed the topic of e-mobility and electric vehicles charging infrastructure. This survey discussed the future of the Oil & Gas industry in light of the implications electric vehicles may have on that industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Anders Rudlang, CTO of Electric Freeway.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.