GLG Network Survey: SPACs
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 60 European SPACs sponsors and investors.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey assessed the US SPAC market and captured a comparison with the current developments within Europe.
- The research also gathered insights into the current sentiment and concerns around SPACs and analysed the most appealing features of this structure.
- Lastly, these respondents provided their views into how their partners would feel about their fund launching a SPAC.
Examples of findings:
- Sponsors view SPACs favourably, with all respondents assessing their sentiment to be “positive” or “very positive”.
- 80% of sponsor respondents forecast the EMEA and APAC markets will resemble the US market within the next 2 years.
- On the investor side, 90% of respondents noted a SPAC IPO as being “moderately” or “extremely” attractive. As a market, 70% assessed this as ‘early’ or ‘growing’.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Benjamin Pell, Founder and Managing Partner at Verdene Group.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Has your company been involved with any SPAC transactions in the past?
- Do you view a SPAC as a competitive or complementary structure to your fund?
- Which exchanges do you think are most appealing to sponsors?
- How attractive is investing in a SPAC IPO to you?
- What SPAC size do sponsors typically consider launching?
- How important is the management team of a SPAC?
- Does sector of focus for a management team influence your investment in a particular SPAC?
- How long do investors typically hold a SPAC investment?
- In what stage would you classify the SPAC market?
- Does the listing exchange have an impact on your willingness to purchase SPAC units?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS), Legal, Economic & Regulatory Affairs (LERA) and Accounting and Financial Analysis (AFA) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Brexit Overview
- 80 CEOs of large companies across UK discussed about Brexit’s impact on industries. The survey looked at steps the companies have already taken, and the outlook for the future. It also asked experts to assess the impact they believe the deal will have on the economy going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Portes, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at King’s College London.
- 45 geopolitical advisors and academia professionals will discuss the latest geopolitical issues in the world. They will cover topics such as regional/national military conflicts and their impact on the economy.
- Questionnaire will be drafted by Kenneth Pollack, Resident Scholar of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
- Payment Systems
- 70 executives in the payments space (AMEX, Visa, Stripe, WorldPay, etc.) commented on the impact of Covid-19 on the market trends in the payment space, transaction volume, competitive landscape.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Eric Grover, Principal at Intrepid Ventures who specializes in providing corporate development and strategy consulting to payment networks across the US and Europe.
- Non-performing Loans
- 30 directors working in banks across Spain, Italy and Greece commented on the demand of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in Covid-19 times, whether they are seeing an increase in NPLs, potential supply of NPLs and the appetite for demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.