GLG Network Survey: Single-Use Endoscopes
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
For this Network Survey, GLG interviewed 70 gastroenterologists based in the US and Europe (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) who discussed the COVID-19 impact on the industry and their usage of single-use endoscopes.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their budget for endoscopes and provided a competitive assessment of single-use endoscopes manufacturers such as Ambu, Olympus, Boston Scientific and Pentax.
- The survey also investigated the demand outlook for the following years and the respondents’ projections on expected ERCP volume compared to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- Lastly, the research analysed the key factors in terms of their importance for the utilisation of single-use duodenoscopes in the next years.
Examples of findings:
- In Europe, 18% of respondents stated their ERCP volume for the following years compared to pre-COVID-19 levels will decrease by more than 10%, while only 10% of the US reported this.
- While 55% of the interviewed US gastroenterologists mentioned there will be a growth market in single-use colonoscopes and gastroscopes, only 34% of their European colleagues agree.
- 18% of respondents in Europe stated that the COVID-19 pandemic delayed their practice’s decision and timing to purchase single-use endoscopes, compared to 20% reported in the US.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Ian Cohen, Gastroenterologist at Mount Sinai Health System, Inc.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- What is the expected ERCP volume for the following years compared to pre-COVID-19 levels?
- Please rank the following duodenoscopes in terms of their maneuverability.
- Please rank the following duodenoscopes in terms of their image quality.
- How much do you agree with the following statement: “Reusable duodenoscopes that implement the usage of single-use caps resolve the contamination rates of high-risk organisms that reusable scopes have”?
- What is your overall view of the following manufacturers in the GI endoscopy space in terms of innovation/R&D?
- When was the last time that you had an interaction with a device representative from a single-use endoscope manufacturer in regards specifically to single-use endoscopes?
- How important is published peer-reviewed clinical trial data for you in your consideration to purchase a single-use duodenoscope from a particular manufacturer?
- Do you anticipate a growth market in single-use colonoscopes and single-use gastroscopes?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Pharmaceutical CDMOs – New!
- 70 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g. Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.) discussed about the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021. These respondents also provided insight into other current challenges they are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives, and physicians in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Uptake – New!
- 80 virologists and physicians discussed about their perception of efficacy and safety of the different vaccines, vaccine uptake, but also their views on the importance of the company who developed the vaccines on the uptake in US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Michael Thomas, former Director of Vaccine Supply and Demand at Gavi Alliance.
- Generics Market Overview – New!
- 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and Europe provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the impact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Development, Branded Products at STADA.
- UK Dental Chains
- 70 dentists and practice owners in UK discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends. These respondents provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
- Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 80 hospital executives and physicians commented on the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programmes in the US and Europe. These respondents also provided insight on their concern of the side-effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines along with their thoughts on how long immunity can last. This survey also gathered their projections for full immunisation period of risk groups and current challenges in the distribution of vaccines to their institutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Member, Robin Robinson, current Chief Scientific Officer at RenovaCare and former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
- 50 Cardiologists, GI docs, Diabetes docs, Dermatologists, Women’s Health (GY-OBN) in the US and EU, discussed the latest trends in Telemedicine.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nirmal Patel former CMO/VP of Population Health at United Health Group Incorporated and former SMIO at Teledoc.
- Plasma Industry
- 37 plasma collection centre operations managers commented on the changes in their daily activity as well as commented on future collection volumes in the next months.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Thomas Machnig, former Director/Head of Global Medical Affairs Specialty Products at Csl Behring Llc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.