GLG Network Survey: Semiconductors Supply Chain
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior executives working within the semiconductors space (suppliers/ distributors, manufacturers) commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the latest market dynamics and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- The survey also gathered insights into sales volume in demand vs actual shipment due to the current chip shortages.
- Lastly, experts commented on the importance of the overall geopolitical situation and concrete geographical location of the foundry wafer fab when thinking of future service and manufacturing contracts.
Examples of findings:
- Overall, 47% of the experts stated that the actual sales volume gap in demand vs actual shipment is more than 20%.
- In the US and APAC, 71% of the respondents switched manufacturing capacity between foundries due to supply capacity restrictions, compared to 40% recorded in Europe.
- When asked to estimate a sustainable longer term CAGR for the overall semiconductor industry, more than half of the respondents (51%) mentioned “between 5% and 7%”.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Hans Rijns, former Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Research at NXP Semiconductors.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What is your outlook for the demand to supply volume gap develop in the following periods?
- How would you estimate the split of actual volume demand in terms of inventory (re)build versus actual sell-through?
- Are you facing increases in Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) due to price raises in Foundry services (wafers or materials)?
- In your view, how much do the chip shortages impact the following technology nodes?
- Which of the following product classes are mostly affected by supply shortages?
- Have you switched manufacturing capacity between Foundries due to supply capacity restrictions?
- Do you anticipate Foundries to proactively adjust their global supply chain geographics, i.e. shifting capacity from Asia to EU or USA?
- How are you seeing ASP rising/falling quarter-by-quarter for semiconductors?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Advertising Platforms
- 80 marketing leads based in the US, Europe and Australia discussed their online strategy and platform use. The survey particularly analysed the strengths, weaknesses and use cases of Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Ads in digital strategy.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Joey Alva, CEO at Rockit Digital Marketing.
- CRM/BPO – New!
- 70 C-level executives and senior operations professionals who are currently using CRM/BPO suppliers (e.g. Konecta, Teleperformance, Atento, Comdata) commented on their key selection criteria, switching intentions in the next year and COVID-19 impact on their budgeting plans.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andrea, FormerCEO -Regional Chief Executive Officer Italy at Comdata Group.
- ERP Value Added Resellers – New!
- 60 Value Added Resellers of ERP software such as Epicor, Infor, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and Sage discussed about the sales trends, COVID-19 impact on pipeline, ERP system integrators, cloud trends and service providers.
- Online Car Platforms – New!
- 70 senior executives working at car dealerships across the US and Europe commented on their preference for online platforms such as Autotrader, Carsnip, Carzoo, CarShop, CarGurus, Heycar, Carwow, Cinch, Carzam, Carvana and Carmax.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Danielle Gauci, former Communications Director at Carwow Ltd.
- Remote Viewing Platforms
- 70 customers of Remote Viewing Platforms, such as Teamviewer, were interviewed on their usage of these platforms and how COVID-19 has influenced their use of these. The survey also provided a competitive overview of the different vendors in this market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by OldrichMuller, former COO of AnydeskSoftware.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.