GLG Network Survey: Satellite Industry
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 55 senior executives with the satellite industry across Europe and the MENA region.
What will you learn from this survey?
- 55 senior executives shared their current outlook of the satellite industry and the future of the industry, revisiting the topic from previous iterations in July 2021 and December 2021.
- The survey explored LEOs (low-earth orbit satellites) and how that is expected to impact satellite service providers.
- It also investigated the topic areas by sector and geographies, providing insights into sectors such as maritime and consumer broadband.
Examples of findings:
- The majority (67%) of respondents believe that in the next three years there will be a significant risk of a price war on satellite capacity.
- The predominant expectation for the primary role of LEO satellite communications in the next 5 years is that it will replace most of the GEO satellite demand.
- SpaceX was highlighted by our experts as the most expected industry player to be involved in a consolidation move (65%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, William Germain, former Director of M&A at Inmarsat.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In 3 years’ time, what do you expect the situation of capacity supply and demand will be across sectors?
- Over the next 3 years, how do you expect Satellite capacity prices in the market to change annually (i.e. in terms of CAGR), by sector?
- Over the next 5 years, how do you expect the addressable market of satellite communications to evolve?
- For each LEO constellation, how significant is the chance of market success?
- In 5 years’ time, how many distinct global satellite operators will there be in the market?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “LEO will create value for the Satellite sector”?
- In the next 5 years, which type of investors as source of capital do you expect to have most impact onto the Satellite sector?
- To what extent do you expect LEO to impact the economics of SSPs, by sector?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Cybersecurity III
- Third survey to follow the first second wave conducted in October 2021 and the first one in March 2021. 85 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler or Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and provided insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Surveys in partnership with William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure, LLC.
- GLG Tracker: RPA II
- Second iteration following the first wave conducted in May 2021. 80 customers of Robotic Process Automation vendors discussed the RPA competitive landscape, assessing their use and consideration of the various vendors such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism. Furthermore, the survey investigated process mining, and how this is used to apply RPA technology.
- GLG Tracker: ERP IV
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in November 2021, second wave in February 2021 and the first wave in November 2020. 60 resellers of ERP software such as SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Netsuite, Workday, Oracle, Informatica, Lexmark, Salesforce discussed sales trends, market demand, competitive landscape and pricing dynamics.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.