GLG Network Survey: Remote Viewing Platforms
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 customers who are decision makers in the selection of Remote Viewing Platforms in their organisation.
What will you learn from this survey?
- 70 customers of Remote Viewing Platforms were interviewed to understand their usage of these platforms.
- The survey explored the competitive landscape and aimed to gauge understanding of the benefits and disadvantages of the various vendors such as TeamViewer, AnyDesk and Splashtop.
- Furthermore, the survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 and how this has influenced the need for these vendors.
Examples of findings:
- Looking at annual spend, 67% of respondents expect to increase their spend on Remote Desktop Solutions over the next 12 months.
- 70% of respondents reported that COVID-19 accelerated their adoption of Remote Desktop Solutions.
- The majority of respondents (66%) would not consider switching vendors within the next two years, though this figure was significantly higher in the US (80%) compared to Europe (60%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Oldrich Muller, former COO of Anydesk Software.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How frequently do you use Remote Desktop Solutions vendors?
- How would you rate the following vendors’ products and services?
- Given your specific use case, what is the maximum price you are willing to pay for Remote Desktop Solutions per seat/month?
- What is your annual spend on Remote Desktop Solutions?
- Do you expect your annual spend on Remote Desktop Solutions to increase or decrease over the next 12 months?
- What is the main reason for increasing your demand for Remote Desktop Solutions?
- Which of the following are the most important remote viewing solution features for you?
- Did COVID-19 accelerate your adoption of Remote Desktop Solutions?
- Are you considering switching to other Remote Desktop Solutions vendors in the next 2 years?
- What was the most important criteria to choose your current Remote Desktop Solution vendors?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT)
- ERP Value Added Reseller – New!
- 60 Value Added Resellers of ERP software such as Epicor, Infor, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and Sage discussed about the sales trends, COVID-19 impact on pipeline, ERP system integrators, cloud trends and service providers.
- Advertising Platforms – New!
- 80 marketing leads based in the US, Europe and Australia discussed their online strategy and platform use. The survey particularly analysed the strengths, weaknesses and use cases of Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Ads in digital strategy.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Joey Alva, CEO at Rockit Digital Marketing.
- RPA Customers – New!
- 80 customers of Robotic Process Automation vendors discussed the RPA competitive landscape, assessing their use and consideration of the various vendors such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism. Furthermore, the survey investigated process mining, and how this is used to apply RPA technology.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James Dening, former GM at Automation Anywhere. Data released in May 2021.
- 70 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler, Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and will provide insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure,LLC. Data released in March 2021.
- GLG Tracker: ERP Software II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in Nov 2020. 60 resellers of ERP software such as SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Netsuite, Workday, Oracle, Informatica, Lexmark, Salesforce discussed about the sales trends, market demand, competitive landscape and pricing dynamics.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dr Gopal Kutwaroo, Managing Partner at Intellsoft and former Global Vice President, Cloud SaaS Product Management & Product Marketing at The Sage Group PLC. Second wave data released in February 2021.
- Sage Customers
- 80 customers of Sage software discussed the competitive landscape of Sage software, outlook in terms of purchasing plans, COVID-19 considerations and general customer satisfaction with Sage.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Yaj Malik, former EVP and MD for Sage. Data released in March 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.