GLG Network Survey: Pharmaceutical CDMOs
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g.Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrexetc.).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021.
- The survey also gathered insights into current challenges experts are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Lastly, the research investigated the key selection criteria for choosing CDMOs and captured respondents’ views on the use of Intellectual Property for their products.
Examples of findings:
- 33% of the respondents stated that their outsourcing to CDMOs will increase by more than 10% in the next 12 months.
- When asked about the COVID-19 impact on the product supply from their CDMOs, 16% of the European respondents mentioned they had suffered stock out compared to 0% reported in the US.
- Lonza is the preferred supplier for 30% of our interviewed experts, followed by Catalent chosen by 20% experts.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- When outsourcing to CDMOs, do you prefer to work more with large, medium or small CDMOs?
- Do you outsource API as well as FDF?
- Do you anticipate a change in your preference for full service or toll manufacturing contracts in the next 3 years?
- How frequently do you consider changing suppliers?
- How do you view your supplier’s use of Intellectual Property for your product?
- What other capabilities are currently lacking at your current CDMO suppliers that your company would prefer to outsource?
- What are your views on ‘Capacity Reservation’ and ‘Take or Pay’ terms?
- Has COVID-19 had a significant impact on product supply from your CDMOs?
- Has COVID-19 had an influence on which CDMOs you would work with in the future?
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of their overall services, with 1 being the best one.
The survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Covid-19 Vaccine Uptake – New!
- 80 virologists and physicians discussed about their perception of efficacy and safety of the different vaccines, vaccine uptake, but also their views on the importance of the company who developed the vaccines on the uptake in US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Michael Thomas, former Director of Vaccine Supply and Demand at Gavi Alliance.
- IVF Market Overview – New!
- 70 IVF professionals (gynaecologists and senior level professionals at IVF clinics, public and private hospitals/ practices) across the US and Europe discussed the current demand trends and COVID-19 impact on the industry. The survey also investigated the regulatory impact and outlook forecast for the next 5 years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kristof Kunzmann, former CFO at IVI UK.
- UK Dental Chains – New!
- 70 dentists and practice owners in UK discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends. These respondents provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives, and physicians in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 80 hospital executives and physicians commented on the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programmes in the US and Europe. These respondents also provided insight on their concern of the side-effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines along with their thoughts on how long immunity can last. This survey also gathered their projections for full immunisation period of risk groups and current challenges in the distribution of vaccines to their institutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Member, Robin Robinson, current Chief Scientific Officer at RenovaCare and former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
- 50 Cardiologists, GI docs, Diabetes docs, Dermatologists, Women’s Health (GY-OBN) in the US and EU, discussed the latest trends in Telemedicine.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nirmal Patel former CMO/VP of Population Health at United Health Group Incorporated and former SMIO at Teledoc.
- Plasma Industry
- 37 plasma collection centre operations managers commented on the changes in their daily activity as well as commented on future collection volumes in the next months.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Thomas Machnig, former Director/Head of Global Medical Affairs Specialty Products at Csl Behring Llc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.