GLG Network Survey Tracker: Pharmaceutical CDMOs III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g.Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.). This is the third iteration following the first one conducted in May 2021 and second one in October 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2022.
- The survey also gathered insights into current challenges experts are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Lastly, the research investigated the key selection criteria for choosing CDMOs and captured respondents’ views on the use of Intellectual Property for their products.
Examples of findings:
- In March 2022, there has been an increase in respondents’ preferences for global CDMOs, which has risen to 43%, up from 23% in May 2021.
- The main service outsourced to CDMOs at this time is analytical development (72%), rising from 67% in October 2021.
- Lonza continues to be the preferred supplier for our interviewed experts (49%), followed by Patheon chosen by 33% of experts.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Do you have a preference to source Biologics products from the same supplier as small molecule FDF?
- What other capabilities are currently lacking at your current CDMO suppliers that your company would prefer to outsource?
- When outsourcing new business and comparing quoting CDMO suppliers, what selection criteria helped you finalise selection?
- What are your views on ‘Capacity Reservation’ and ‘Take or Pay’ terms?Has COVID-19 had a significant impact on product supply from your CDMOs
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of their overall services, with 1 being the best one.
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of their reliability, with 1 being the most reliable one.
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of overall price-value of their services, with 1 being the best one.
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Myopia Lenses – New!
- 70 ophthalmologists and optometrists discussed about the latest trends for myopia lenses and provided their projections for the next period.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alice Mann, Optometrist at Focal Point Optical.
- Liquid Biopsy Testing – New!
- 70 oncologists across the US and Europe commented on the adoption of liquid biopsy testing and use of various providers such as Guardant, Illumina, Thermo Fisher, Foundation Medicine etc.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Emmanuel Thomas, MD/PhD Member of Cancer Center Medical Protocol IRB Review and Monitoring Committee (MPRMC).
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals III
- Third survey to follow the second wave from May 2021and first wave from April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives and physicians working in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.