GLG Tracker: Pharmaceutical CDMOs II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 60 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g.Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.). This is the second iteration following the first in May 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021, revisiting the topic from May 2021.
- The survey also gathered insights into current challenges experts are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Lastly, the research investigated the key selection criteria for choosing CDMOs and captured respondents’ views on the use of Intellectual Property for their products.
Examples of findings:
- Since the previous iteration, there has been an increase in respondents preferences for global CDMOs, which has risen to 40%, up from 23% in May 2021.
- The main service outsourced to CDMOs at this time is clinical trial manufacturing (70%), rising from 57% in May 2021.
- Lonza continues to be the preferred supplier for our interviewed experts (22%), followed by Catalent and Patheon chosen by 14% of experts each.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- When outsourcing new business and comparing quoting CDMO suppliers, what selection criteria helped you finalise selection?
- Has COVID-19 had a significant impact on product supply from your CDMOs?
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of their overall services, with 1 being the best one.
- Please rank the top 3 CDMOs in terms of their flexibility, with 1 being the most flexible one.
- Please rank the following CDMOs in terms of their range of capabilities that suit your needs, with 1 being the best equipped one.
- What are your views on ‘Capacity Reservation’ and ‘Take or Pay’ terms?
- Has COVID-19 had an influence on which CDMOs you would work with in the future?
- Which of these CDMOs do you have as a preferred supplier?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Dental Aligners
- 55 orthodontists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) provided a competitive overview of dental aligners such as Straumann (STMN) (ClearCorrect), Align Technology (ALGN) (Invisalign) and Dentsply (XRAY) (SureSmile(R) Aligner).
- Questionnaire was drafted by Matthew Ng, Board Member on the Texas Association of Orthodontists and Southwest Society of Orthodontists.
- Generics Market Overview
- 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and Europe provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the im pact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Developm ent, Branded Products at STADA.
- Intraocular Lenses
- 70 ophthalmologists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) discussed their preferred IOLs in the market and provided an overview of the expected volume of patients for the following years. The survey also captured a competitive assessment of IOLs and the respondents’ opinions about the IOLs in development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Weldon Haw, Chief of Ophthalmology at VA San Diego Medical Center.
- IVF Market
- 70 IVF Clinics professionals discussed the current demand trends and COVID-19 impact on the industry. The survey also investigated the regulatory impact and outlook forecast for the next 5 years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kristof Kunzmann, former CFO at IVI UK.
- 70 senior executives working at MedTech companies discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market and provided their views on the current regulatory landscape. The survey also gathered insights into the current demand for medical devices and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Timothy DeLapp, former Global Director Physician Relations & Initiatives at Medtronic Plc.
- Single-Use Endoscopes
- 70 gastroenterologists based in the US and Europe commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their budget for endoscopes and provided a competitive assessment of single-use endoscopes manufacturers such as Ambu, Olympus, Boston Scientific and Pentax. The survey also investigated the demand outlook for the following years.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Ian Cohen, Gastroenterologist at Mount Sinai Health System, Inc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.