GLG Network Survey: Petrochemical Industry II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 C-level executives working in the petrochemical industry across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Spain). This is the second survey to follow the first wave conducted in July 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- These respondents discussed the COVID-19 impact on the sector and provided insights into its performance in the first half of 2022.
- The research also investigated the current demand issues and predictions for the rest of the year.
- Lastly, the survey looked into the conditions down the value chain globally and across sectors such as feedstocks, olefins, aromatics and polymers.
Examples of findings:
- 74% of respondents stated a negative COVID-19 impact on the market, down from 85% recorded in July 2021.
- When asked about the impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on the feedstocks sector, half of our experts mentioned companies are very concerned and are seeing a potential recession ahead.
- Historically, buyers built inventory when oil prices were rising to protect downstream margins- currently, 19% of respondents stated they have actually decreased their inventory.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Paul Hodges, Chairman at International eChem.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- From your perspective, how did your sector react to the increased oil and gas prices during H1?
- Assuming energy prices will remain the same, how do you expect your sector to react in H2/2022?
- How are the following petrochemical sectors performing in H1/ 2022?
- In your view, what has been the overall COVID-19 impact on the petrochemical market?
- Historically, buyers build inventory when oil and gas prices are rising to protect downstream margins. In your sector, how do you think inventories have been over the past 6 months?
- How would you describe conditions down the value chain in your sector?
- In your view, are companies in your sector generally aware of the likely implications if the Net Zero emission targets that have been adopted for CO2?
- How would you describe the impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on your sector?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: UK Energy Industry II - New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in December 2021. 30 senior executives within the UK Energy industry discussed the current trends within the industry, focusing on the key market drivers and trends, including cost volatility, policy and regulation, customer demand, technology solutions and competition.
- Questionnaire was drafted by the former MD for Ofgem.
- GLG Tracker: European Airports III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and the first one in May 2021. 50 senior executives working at airports in Europe discussed their expected passenger volume and main factors that can help or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alex Kirby, former Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at Gatwick Airport.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.