GLG Network Survey: Online Car Platforms
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working at car dealerships across the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided a competitive assessment of online platforms such as Autoscout24, Autotrader, CarGurus, Cars.com.
- The survey explored the change in advertising prices charged by online platforms as well as changes in the advertising budget for dealerships.
- Lastly, the research looked into the respondents’ projections for market recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
Examples of findings:
- In Europe, 41% of respondents stated they expect vehicle sales to recover to pre-COVID-19 levels in more than a year, compared to only 11% recorded in the US.
- Overall, 33% of the experts mentioned they increased their advertising budget by at least 10% in 2021 compared to 2019.
- 60% of the US respondents stated that COVID-19 has had a positive impact on the car sales market, compared 10% in Europe.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Danielle Gauci, former Communications Director at Carwow Ltd.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Why did your organisation stop using the following automotive classified online platforms?
- On average, how much is your organisation spending to list vehicles on the following classifieds per month?
- How long has your organisation been using the following platform(s)?
- Have you experienced a price change in the last 12 months on any of the following online classifieds?
- Approximately what % of your total sales has come through online classifieds this year?
- Please rank the following classified automotive online platforms in terms of their customer support.
- Please rank the following classified automotive online platforms in terms of their ability to generate sales.
- How likely are you to recommend the following classified automotive online platform(s) to your peers?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) and Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- ERP Value Added Resellers – New!
- 60 Value Added Resellers of ERP software such as Epicor, Infor, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and Sage discussed about the sales trends, COVID-19 impact on pipeline, ERP system integrators, cloud trends and service providers.
- Remote Viewing Platforms – New!
- 70 customers of Remote Viewing Platforms, such as Teamviewer, were interviewed on their usage of these platforms and how COVID-19 has influenced their use of these. The survey also provided a competitive overview of the different vendors in this market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by OldrichMuller, former COO of AnydeskSoftware.
- RPA Customers – New!
- 80 customers of Robotic Process Automation vendors discussed the RPA competitive landscape, assessing their use and consideration of the various vendors such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism. Furthermore, the survey investigated process mining, and how this is used to apply RPA technology.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James Dening, former GM at Automation Anywhere.
- GLG Tracker: Beauty Product Consumers II – New!
- 4,100 consumers of haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products, provided insights into their attitudes and habits in order to highlight trends in the industry. This is part of a GLG tracker and it is the second wave of the survey following the first iteration in August 2020.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oreal.
- Tour Operators – New!
- 50 senior executives working within the tour operators space discussed the outlook of the industry following COVID-19 and the implications going forward. The survey also provided an evaluation on the perceived hardiness of various operators such as TUI and ClubMed.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart McLeod, former MD and founder of Zenith Holidays.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators III – New!
- Third survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020 and second wave in March 2021. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.