GLG Network Survey: Myopia Lenses
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 ophthalmologists and optometrists who discussed about the latest trends for myopia lenses and provided their projections for the next period.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the myopia progression over the past 5 years and provided their projections for the next period.
- The survey also looked at the number of patients who would like to enrol into a soft lens myopia control program, but currently don’t fit into the available parameters of existing soft lenses.
- Lastly, the research assessed the COVID-19 impact on the number of children/ teens coming in for a first time contact lens fitting.
Examples of findings:
- Overall, 77% of the respondents reported an increase in myopia progression over the past 5 years, with the majority stating an increase of at least 10%.
- In the US, 88% of experts mentioned they offer the Cooper Vision Biofinity Monthly center distance multifocal lenses to children and teens, compared to 68% in Europe.
- In Europe, 58% of the experts stated that more than 20% of their patients who are being offered MiSight or another soft lens therapy are enrolling in the program, compared to 35% in the US.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Alice Mann, Optometrist at Focal Point Optical.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Approximately, what is the increase you’ve noticed in myopia progression over the past 5 years?
- Do you require any specific diagnostic equipment to do Myopic control therapy utilizing soft multifocal contact lenses?
- Of those patients that you offer MiSight or another soft lens therapy, what percentage of patients enrol in the program?
- Overall, how has COVID-19 affected the number of children/ teens coming in for 1st time contact lens fittings as compared to pre-COVID-19?
- Has there been a change in the numbers of patients expressing an interest in myopia control over the past 6 months?
- On average how many pediatric patients do you currently enrol each month in the Cooper Vision Brilliant Futures program each month?
- As compared to standard contact lens soft fittings, how do your fees/ profits compare when fitting a soft contact lens as part of a myopia control program?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Liquid Biopsy Testing – New!
- 70 oncologists across the US and Europe commented on the adoption of liquid biopsy testing and use of various providers such as Guardant, Illumina, Thermo Fisher, Foundation Medicine etc.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Emmanuel Thomas, MD/PhD Member of Cancer Center Medical Protocol IRB Review and Monitoring Committee (MPRMC).
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals III
- Third survey to follow the second wave from May 2021and first wave from April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives and physicians working in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.