GLG Network Survey Tracker: Mining Industry III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 60 senior purchasing and operations managers at mining companies who commented on the current challenges in this space. This is the third iteration in this tracker series.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided insight into the capital expenditure budget used for equipment and machinery in 2022.
- The research also covered the digitalisation of operations including the likelihood of remote equipment performance data collection and equipment malfunction troubleshooting.
- Lastly, experts commented on which underground equipment suppliers are best positioned to continue to supply parts and services within customary response times in H1/2023.
Examples of findings:
- When asked how likely businesses are to push for more automation in mineral processing (i.e. crushing, milling, concentrating), 87% of our respondents stated this is very likely.
- 35% of experts selected Caterpillar as the best positioned player to continue to supply parts and services within customary response times in H1/2023.
- 47% of the survey participants mentioned they expect to increase their parts inventory in the next 6 months.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Arrien Westhuis, former Director of Global Business Development at FLSmidth.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In H1/2022, what proportion of your capital expenditure budget was used for equipment and machinery?
- How likely do you think there will be an increase in digitalization in your operations (e.g. remote equipment performance data collection and equipment malfunction trouble shooting) in the next few years?
- How likely do you think businesses will push to more automation in mineral processing i.e. crushing, milling, concentrating?
- How likely do you think businesses will invest more in battery operated mining equipment in the next 3 years?
- How likely will there be further consolidation of mining equipment suppliers in H1/2023?
- Please rank which mineral demand was most positively impacted by Covid-19 where 1 is most positively impacted.
- Please rank which underground equipment supplier is best positioned to continue to supply parts and services within customary response times in H1/2023, where 1 is most capable.
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.