GLG Network Survey: MedTech
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working at MedTech companies across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market and provided their views on the current regulatory landscape.
- The survey also gathered insights into the current demand for medical devices and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Lastly, the research looked into the experts’ views on whether or not organisations started or reprioritised new product development projects to accelerate new products that would take advantage of the opportunities created by the COVID-19 crisis.
Examples of findings:
- 50% of the US experts stated that the investment in R&D was reduced as a direct impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, compared to 36% reported in Europe.
- Overall, 67% of respondents mentioned that the revenue for 2021 is expected to be higher by at least 10% compared to the 2020 figures.
- The majority of experts in the US and Europe mentioned they are expecting a “V” shaped recovery (quick decline and quick recovery) in the MedTech space.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Timothy DeLapp, former Global Director Physician Relations & Initiatives at Medtronic Plc.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- Who do you consider to be the top three main players in your market place?
- Thinking of the COVID crisis environment, how do you think medtech organizations in your market place/ market space performed compared to pre-COVID-19 period?
- Which of the following had major impact on organizations’ in your market place/ market space ability to generate revenue in 2020?
- COVID-19 crisis created significant barriers to access to hospital and healthcare professionals. In response, what actions did most organizations in your market space implement?
- Which of those actions identified in the prior question do you expect to continue in future/ post recovery?
- What type of recovery are you anticipating in your served sector in the medtech market?
- COVID Crisis has transformed the medical device industry. Looking forward, what are the three most important trends for businesses in your sector?
- How likely do you think another wave of COVID-19 will impact businesses in your sectors in the next 24 months?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Intraocular Lenses – New!
- 70 ophthalmologists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) discussed the their preferred IOLs in the market and provided an overview of the expected volume of patients for the following years. The survey also captured a competitive assessment of IOLs and the respondents’ opinions about the IOLs in development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Weldon Haw, Chief of Ophthalmology at VA San Diego Medical Center.
- IVF Market
- 70 IVF Clinics professionals discussed the current demand trends and COVID-19 impact on the industry. The survey also investigated the regulatory impact and outlook forecast for the next 5 years in the US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kristof Kunzmann, former CFO at IVI UK.
- Generics Market Overview – New!
- 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and Europe provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the im pact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Developm ent, Branded Products at STADA.
- Pharmaceutical CDMOs
- 70 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g. Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.) discussed about the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021. These respondents also provided insight into other current challenges they are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- Single-Use Endoscopes – New!
- 70 gastroenterologists based in the US and Europe commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their budget for endoscopes and provided a competitive assessment of single-use endoscopes manufacturers such as Ambu, Olympus, Boston Scientific and Pentax. The survey also investigated the demand outlook for the following years.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Ian Cohen, Gastroenterologist at Mount Sinai Health System, Inc.
- UK Dental Chains
- 70 dentists and practice owners in UK discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends. These respondents provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives, and physicians in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.