GLG Network Survey: Market Research Firms
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 customers of market research firms such as Kantar, Ipsos, and Nielsen.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the impact of COVID-19 on market research expenditure and expectations going forward.
- Experts commented on their views on the different vendors operating within the industry and provided a competitive overview of these.
- Lastly, the survey provided an overview of the impact of e-commerce and behavioural data on the market research industry.
Examples of findings:
- The outlook for market research spending is expected to rise, with 87% stating they expect this to increase within the next 3 years.
- The most important consideration when evaluating suppliers to our experts is that their vendors know their business (59%), followed by the geographic coverage of the vendors (53%).
- The majority of respondents stated that e-commerce has had a positive impact on their business and 60% believe market research suppliers are adapting well to this.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Nick Findlay, former Global Head of Operations at Kantar.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How has your total spend on market research changed in 2021 compared to 2020?
- How does your current market research expenditure compare to pre-COVID-19?
- How do you expect your market research expenditure to change in the next 3 years?
- What types of market research does your organisation conduct?
- Which market research companies have you commissioned work from in the last 3 years?
- How satisfied are you overall with the companies you have commissioned in the past 3 years?
- In selecting a Market Research supplier for a new project, how important are the following considerations?
- What impact has the COVID-19 pandemic had on your suppliers’ ability to successfully deliver your market research projects?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement:“Market research suppliers are adapting to the impact of e-commerce”?
- How probable is it that the increased availability of behavioural data will reduce the Market Research studies you currently conduct?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Cryptocurrency – New!
- 70 senior executives within the financial services industry across Europe and the US commented on the latest trends for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and provided their views on the outlook for this space.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Juliano Torii, former Senior Analyst at Sarria Limited.
- Debt Collection
- 50 senior executives managing Non-performing loans (NPL) discussed the latest trends for the European debt collection market. Experts commented on how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in their industry and what actions were taken to adjust the expected collections in the last period.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- 90 ESG and non-ESG investors who are planning to invest in ESG in the future commented on trends on the responsible/impact investment field and recent development. The research also investigated their exclusionary criteria and assessed what importance the current environmental, social and governance issues have to their funds.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Christopher Boyd, former Senior Civil Servant at the Environmental Policy Development of the European Commission.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.