GLG Network Survey: Luxury Product Retailers III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors who provided insights into the current trends in this market.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey investigated the current performance levels and recovery rates of all major luxury fashion brands, comparing the trend over the three iterations.
- Furthermore, this survey covered the current consumer considerations when purchasing luxury fashion goods.
- Lastly, respondents discussed the value of brand image and what luxury labels must do to stay relevant.
Examples of findings:
- The downward trends is beginning to subside in the market, with 41% of respondents stating sales are no longer decreasing against 2019 levels.
- Respondents views have changed towards the categories leading the bounce-back, with footwear now out in front (49%) followed by handbags and accessories (26%) which previously led on this aspect.
- 67% of the experts showed concern regarding luxury brands moving away from the wholesale model, up from 42% at the previous survey iteration in April 2021.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Helen David, Former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What measures are you taking to ensure your luxury fashion clients remain engaged with your products and range?
- Which Ready-to-wear category has been the most adversely affected by COVID-19?
- What are the biggest risk factors for the below brands?
- Thinking about the different buyer groups in this category, how reliant is your business model on the following groups of luxury buyers?
- What fashion categories are most important for these buyer groups? Generally speaking, when do you expect your business to return to normal (2019) trading levels?
- Why do you believe the below brands will grow following COVID-19?
- Why do you believe the below brands will NOT grow following COVID-19?
- What will affect your buying decisions of luxury brands going forward?
- By what percentage has your business been impacted following the removal of tax free shipping?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: UK Pubs IV – New!
- 25 restaurant owners and 50 pub owners/tenants discussed the impact of COVID-19 on their business and the ongoing road to recovery. The survey investigated the upcoming Christmas season as well as the impact of ongoing government subsidies.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns.
- Supply Chain Disruption – New!
- 35 senior executives within the UK retail space discussed the ongoing supply chain disruption for retailers, evaluating the Christmas season and beyond 2021. Respondents evaluated the ongoing risk factors to the supply chain including Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham Wilkie, Managing Partner of Geodia.
- GLG Tracker: K12 Education II
- Second survey to follow the first one conducted in May 2021. 60 senior leadership heads at private K-12 education schools discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. The survey looked at schools in both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- GLG Tracker: Cruise Travel Operators III
- Third survey to follow the second survey conducted in April 2021 and first wave conducted in September 2020. 70 cruise travel agents across Europe shared their views on current outlook and booking situations since the impact of Covid-19, as well as current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.