GLG Network Survey Tracker: Luxury Fashion Retailers II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors who provided insights into the current trends in this market (following the first survey published in October 2020).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Current performance levels and recovery rates of all major luxury fashion brands.
- Current consumer considerations when purchasing luxury fashion goods.
- The value of brand image and what luxury labels must do to stay relevant.
Examples of findings:
- Of all product lines, workwear and suiting is reported to see the greatest downward shift, with 46% reporting a ‘much lower spend’.
- The outlook is becoming more positive, with 24% of respondents stating their business has returned to 2019 trading levels and another 56% expecting normal trading levels by the end of 2020.
- Of the ‘superbrands’ within the sector, experts expect Gucci to bounce back most quickly in the fashion market.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Helen David, former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What measures are you taking to ensure your luxury fashion clients remain engaged with your products and range?
- How much of a decrease are you noticing / did you notice via your in-store channel?
- Which Ready-to-wear category has been the most adversely affected by COVID-19?
- Which of these major fashion brands would you say are in decline (in terms of demand you’re seeing from your clients)?
- Thinking about the different buyer groups in this category, how reliant is your business model on the following groups of luxury buyers?
- How have sales from these groups been impacted by COVID-19 against 2019?
- What measures will you be implementing if the sales from these buyer groups do not bounce back?
- Generally speaking, when do you expect your business to return to normal (2019) trading levels?
- Which of these Superbrands do you think will maintain their market share / continue their 2019 growth trajectory once the luxury fashion market bounces back?
- What will affect your buying decisions of luxury brands going forward?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- Gambling Consumers – New!
- 2000 sports betting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc.
- K-12 Education – New!
- 60 Senior leadership heads at private k-12 education schools, discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. Looking at both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. The performance of major education groups was also discussed, looking at the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- GLG Tracker: OTA consumers III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in November 2020 and first wave conducted in July 2020. 2000 consumers across Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) and the US, discussed their upcoming plans to travel, past experience with booking business and leisure travels with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and metasearches as well as their preference to book flight/accommodation through various sites.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director Strategy & Business Development at Edreams
- Private Higher Education – New!
- 70 senior education professionals (deans, professors/ teachers etc.) across the US and Europe working in the Private Higher Education space discussed about the impact of the pandemic on this market and its potential outlook for 2021 and beyond. These respondents also provided insight into changes and trends in tuition fees along with their projections for online education trends.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Randolph Cox, former Chief Operating Officer at Global University Systems.
- Beauty Product Retailers + Event
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
- GLG Tracker: Film Production II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 75 executives working within the film industry discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the film and streaming industry, outlook of competitive landscape of the long-video streaming space under the influence of Coronavirus.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Steve Tzirilin, VP of Creative Content in Fox’s Franchise Management group.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness
- GLG Tracker: UK Pubs II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 50 UK pub owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business. The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 in 2020 on pubs’ operating profits and what support pub owners received from the government.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.