GLG Network Survey Tracker: Luxury Product Retailers IV
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors who provided insights into the current trends in this market. This is the fourth iteration of this survey following the first wave published in October 2020, second iteration in April 2021 and third iteration in November 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey investigated the current performance levels and recovery rates of all major luxury fashion brands, comparing the trend over the four iterations.
- Furthermore, this survey covered the current consumer considerations when purchasing luxury fashion goods.
- Lastly, respondents discussed the value of brand image and what luxury labels must do to stay relevant.
Examples of findings:
- Workwear and suiting appears to be the slowest category the recover from 2019, selected by 71% of respondents.
- Handbags and accessories are expected to lead the bounce back on the market (40%) followed by footwear (26%).
- UK respondents commented on the impact from the removal of tax-free shopping, with 83% stating they are working to build their relationships with overseas clients.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Helen David, Former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What measures are you taking to ensure your luxury fashion clients remain engaged with your products and range?
- Which Ready-to-wear category has been the most adversely affected by COVID-19?
- What are the biggest risk factors for the below brands? Thinking about the different buyer groups in this category, how reliant is your business model on the following groups of luxury buyers?
- What fashion categories are most important for these buyer groups?
- Generally speaking, when do you expect your business to return to normal (2019) trading levels?
- Why do you believe the below brands will grow following COVID-19?
- Why do you believe the below brands will NOT grow following COVID-19?
- What will affect your buying decisions of luxury brands going forward?
- By what percentage has your business been impacted following the removal of tax-free shipping?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Car Dealerships II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first one conducted in October 2020. 50 owners, operators, sales, purchasing and finance executives from car dealerships across Europe selling new and used vehicles, provided their views on the disruption caused by COVID-19 and the impact on demand for motor vehicles.
- GLG Tracker: Holland and Barrett Consumers II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in January 2020. 1,000 UK shoppers commented on their perception of Holland & Barrett’s brand, product offerings, store locations and layouts, online offerings, as well as their projected personal spending habits.
- GLG Tracker: Poultry Market II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in December 2019. 40 procurement and supply chain experts at UK grocery chains discussed the current competitive landscape within the poultry market, with focus on Boparan’s 2 Sisters brand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Simon Maddrell, former Group Director of Insight and Innovation Strategy at 2 Sisters Food Group Limited.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.