GLG Network Survey: K-12 Education
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior leadership heads at private K-12 education schools.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia.
- The data addresses the performance of major education groups and provides an overview of the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- The research also captured the impact of COVID-19 on the sector including closures as well as digitalisation of education.
Examples of findings:
- The trend for 2021/22 tends to be stable compared to pre-COVID-19 levels on average, with some markets trending to growth. In fact, 50% of respondents in Europe and 40% in North America reported growth.
- The data shows that discounting appears to be a greater trend among emerging markets, with all South America and Middle East respondents offering some form of discount (compared to 50% in North America).
- Comparing the private vs public sector, 55% of respondents reported that the private sector is gaining market share against the public sector.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- In-depth PowerPoint report of survey findings presented by the Network Member via webcast (optional).
- For this school year (2020/21), how much would you estimate the private school market growth (enrolment) vs. pre-COVID-19 to be?
- Next school year (2021/22), what are your expectations in terms of private market growth (enrolment) vs. historical levels?
- Last year (2019/20) when COVID-19 hit the market, did private schools provide tuition fee discounts in your market (or a system equivalent to a tuition fee discount)?
- For next year (2021/22), what are your expectations in terms of pricing vs. historical levels?
- What are your expectations in terms of supply / demand dynamics over the next 3 years?
- Pre COVID-19, what was the market share of private schools vs public schools in your market?
- Has COVID-19 had implications upon reputation for any of the schools in your market?
- During COVID-19, did some type of private players win market share vs their peers?
- On this date, have schools in your market already resumed on campus courses?
- In which term would you expect students to be back on campus in your market?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods & Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- Private Higher Education – New!
- 70 senior education professionals (deans, professors/ teachers etc.) across the US and Europe working in the Private Higher Education space discussed about the impact of the pandemic on this market and its potential outlook for 2021 and beyond. These respondents also provided insight into changes and trends in tuition fees along with their projections for online education trends.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Randolph Cox, former Chief Operating Officer at Global University Systems
- Gambling Consumers – New!
- 2000 sports betting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc.
- GLG Tracker: OTA consumers III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in November 2020 and first wave conducted in July 2020. 2000 consumers across Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) and the US, discussed their upcoming plans to travel, past experience with booking business and leisure travels with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and metasearches as well as their preference to book flight/accommodation through various sites.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director Strategy & Business Development at Edreams
- Beauty Product Retailers + Event
- 70 retailers who stock major beauty brands such as L’Oréal, Nivea, Olay discussed the latest trends in this market from retailers’ perspective.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand, former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oréal.
- GLG Tracker: Film Production II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 75 executives working within the film industry discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the film and streaming industry, outlook of competitive landscape of the long-video streaming space under the influence of Coronavirus.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Steve Tzirilin, VP of Creative Content in Fox’s Franchise Management group.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness
- GLG Tracker: UK Pubs II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 50 UK pub owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business. The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 in 2020 on pubs’ operating profits and what support pub owners received from the government.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Pavli, former Managing Director at Punch Taverns.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.