GLG Network Survey Tracker: K-12 Education III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior leadership heads at private K-12 education schools. This is the third iteration of the survey following the first in May 2021 and second in November 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia.
- The data addresses the performance of major education groups and provides an overview of the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- The research also captured the impact of COVID-19 on the sector including closures as well as digitalisation of education.
Examples of findings:
- For the majority of respondents, the low-point of enrolment has now passed, with 57% stating this occurred last year (2020/21).
- The most important factors for choosing a school post COVID-19 have now shifted to pricing (38%) and reputation (33%).
- Switching intentions have declined since the last iteration in October, where 95% of schools had some expectation of parents switching school, which has now decreased to 71%.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- When did you recover / do you expect to recover to your pre-COVID enrolment levels?
- For this school year (2021/22), what is the enrolment growth in your market?
- When was the low point of pricing following COVID-19 (from peak to trough)?
- When did you recover / do you expect to recover to your pre-COVID pricing levels?
- This year (2021/22), did private schools provide tuition fee discounts in your market (or a system equivalent to a tuition fee discount)?
- What are your expectations in terms of pricing vs. historical levels?
- With inflation returning in many markets, do you believe schools in your market will manage to price at the level of inflation?
- With inflation returning in many markets, do you believe schools in your market will increase teachers’ salaries/packages in line with inflation?
- Pre COVID-19, how would you have qualified the supply/ demand dynamics in your market for private schools?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- European Care Homes – New!
- 50 senior executives working at European care homes commented on the trends within the industry, as well as rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Whitecross, NED at Care UK.
- GLG Tracker: Cruise Bookings IV
- Fourth survey to follow the third survey conducted in October 2021, second survey in April 2021 and first wave in September 2020. 70 cruise travel agents across Europe shared their views on current outlook and booking situations since the impact of Covid-19, as well as current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
- Pet Food Industry
- 60 senior executives, store owners and category managers for pet food provided their projections for demand in the following period. These respondents also commented on the performance of private label versus A label brands.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jan Scheurwater, former Head of Sales at United Pet Food.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.