GLG Network Survey: K-12 Education II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior leadership heads globally at private K-12 education schools.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia, revisiting the topic from the first iteration in April 2021.
- The data addresses the performance of major education groups and provides an overview of the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- The research also captured the impact of COVID-19 on the sector including closures as well as digitalisation of education.
Examples of findings:
- For the majority of respondents, the low-point of enrolment has now passed, with 62% stating this occurred last year (2020/21).
- The most important factors for choosing a school post COVID-19 have now shifted to facilities (47%) and pricing (43%).
- Switching intentions have risen since the first iteration in April, where 78% of schools had some expectation of parents switching school, which has now increased to 97%.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What was the impact of COVID-19 on enrolment in your market (from peak to trough)?
- When was the low point of enrolment following COVID-19 (from peak to trough)?
- When did you recover / do you expect to recover to your pre-COVID-19 enrolment levels?
- Beyond Sep’22, what are your expectations in terms of market enrolment growth?
- This year (2021/22), did private schools provide tuition fee discounts in your market (or a system equivalent to a tuition fee discount)?
- What are your expectations in terms of supply / demand dynamics over the next 3 years?
- Do you expect some parents to switch schools within the market due to not being satisfied by the solutions provided by private schools?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Cruise Operators III
- Third survey to follow the second survey conducted in April 2021 and first wave conducted in September 2020. 70 cruise travel agents across Europe shared their views on current outlook and booking situations since the impact of Covid-19, as well as current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
- GLG Tracker: Beauty Product Consumers II
- 4,100 consumers of haircare, hygiene, skincare, cosmetics and fragrance products provided insights into their attitudes and habits in order to highlight trends in the industry. This is part of the GLG tracker, and it is the second wave of the survey following the first iteration in August 2020.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Didier Tisserand former Managing Director of Brand Portfolio Management at L’Oreal.
- GLG Tracker: UK Gym Operators III
- Third survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020 and second wave in March 2021. Revisiting the impact of COVID-19 on the UK gym industry. 50 UK gym owners provided insight on the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stuart Broster, former CEO of Anytime Fitness.
- UK Rail
- Following the William-Shapps review, GLG interviewed 30 senior executives within the UK rail space on the expected changes on the industry following the creation of GBR. The survey discussed the future of British railway and the impact this may have on booking apps such as Trainline going forward.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nigel Harris, Managing Director at The Railway Consultancy Ltd.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.