GLG Network Survey: Intraocular Lenses
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 ophthalmologists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) who discussed their preferred IOLs as well the COVID-19 impact on the market.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed their preferred IOLs in the market and provided an overview of the expected volume of patients for the following years.
- The survey also captured a competitive assessment of IOLs such as Alcon, Johnson and Johnson/ Abbott Medical, Bausch and Lomb.
- Lastly, experts shared their views on the IOLs in development (e.g. Eyhance IOL, Clareon, Vivity IOL etc.) and whether or not they plan on using them in the future.
Examples of findings:
- In Europe, 32% of our experts stated they expect the total cataract surgical volume to increase in 2021 versus pre-COVID-19 levels, compared to 50% in the US.
- Overall, 53% of respondents mentioned they will increase their use of premium IOLs in the next 12 months by at least 10%.
- Most respondents (57%) stated Alcon is their preferred toric monofocal IOL, followed by Johnson and Johnson (20%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Weldon Haw, Chief of Ophthalmology at VA San Diego Medical Center.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How do you anticipate your total cataract surgical volume will be in 2021 compared to pre-COVID-19 levels?
- Has COVID-19 resulted in a backlog of surgeries in 2021 as compared to pre-COVID levels?
- When do you anticipate starting to perform Minimally Invasive Glaucoma surgery (MIGs) in conjunction with cataract surgery?
- How do you expect your MIGs surgery volume in conjunction with cataract surgery to be in 2021 compared to 2020?
- Do you anticipate changes in your premium IOL usage over the next 12 months?
- Which of the following Multifocal/Extended depth of focus IOL is your preferred one?
- What is the average charge for a multifocal/extended depth of focus correcting lens?
- Which are the top 3 most important features in your selection of a multifocal/EDOF IOLs?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Pharmaceutical CDMOs – New!
- 70 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g. Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrex etc.) discussed about the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021. These respondents also provided insight into other current challenges they are facing and provided a competitive assessment of the biggest CDMOs in the market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- GLG Tracker: US Hospitals II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in April 2020. 100 C-suite level executives, procurement executives, and physicians in US hospitals discussed the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 on the hospital system.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alan Robinson, CFO of Caribou Memorial Hospital.
- Generics Market Overview – New!
- 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry in the US and Europe provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the im pact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Developm ent, Branded Products at STADA.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Uptake
- 80 virologists and physicians discussed about their perception of efficacy and safety of the different vaccines, vaccine uptake, but also their views on the importance of the company who developed the vaccines on the uptake in US and Europe.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Michael Thomas, former Director of Vaccine Supply and Demand at Gavi Alliance.
- Single-Use Endoscopes – New!
- 70 gastroenterologists based in the US and Europe commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their budget for endoscopes and provided a competitive assessment of single-use endoscopes manufacturers such as Ambu, Olympus, Boston Scientific and Pentax. The survey also investigated the demand outlook for the following years.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Ian Cohen, Gastroenterologist at Mount Sinai Health System, Inc.
- UK Dental Chains
- 70 dentists and practice owners in UK discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the UK dental clinic sector and their views on consolidation trends. These respondents provided an analysis of the dental market dynamics including the split between private and NHS services and current staffing challenges.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Annette Spindler, former Managing Director at myDentist UK (Integrated Dental Holdings).
- Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 80 hospital executives and physicians commented on the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programmes in the US and Europe. These respondents also provided insight on their concern of the side-effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines along with their thoughts on how long immunity can last. This survey also gathered their projections for full immunisation period of risk groups and current challenges in the distribution of vaccines to their institutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Member, Robin Robinson, current Chief Scientific Officer at RenovaCare and former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.