GLG Network Survey: Inflation on Consumer Packaged Goods
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 senior executives working within the Consumer Packaged Goods across the US and Europe (UK, Italy, Spain, France and Germany).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on the current market situation for every day packaged goods.
- The survey investigated the impact of inflation on prices and overall demand in the US and Europe.
- Lastly, the research looked at how companies plan to react to cost increases along the total value chain.
Examples of findings:
- In Europe, more than half of our experts (52%) stated that companies in their sector have increased prices more than once since December 2021, compared to 40% recorded in the US.
- In the US, 65% of respondents reported that the price increases are fully reflected in shelf prices.
- Overall, nine out of ten experts believe that inflation will have a significant impact on consumer packaged goods prices over the next 2 years.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Georg Schmundt-Thomas, former President at Essity.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- From your knowledge, have companies in your sector increased list prices since December 2021?
- In your segment, what portion of customers are re-selling to consumers (B2C) rather than other businesses (B2B)?
- How has user demand in the product categories of your company changed since December 2021?
- Do companies in your segment offer products on a “price ladder” (different offerings at different price points in the same category)?
- How has the premium and super-premium segment for businesses in your segment changed since December 2021?
- How much do you agree with the following statement: “Inflation will have a significant impact consumer packaged goods prices over the next 2 years”?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) or Financial Business Services (FBS) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Holiday Parks II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in July 2021. 60 senior executives working at Holiday Parks in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium) discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market. The survey also looked into the outlook of the market for 2022 and the respondents’ predictions for recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham White, Former Chief Executive Officer of Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work.
- GLG Tracker: Luxury Product Retailers IV – New!
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in November 2021, second wave in April 2021 and first wave in October 2020. 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors provided insights into the current trends in this market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Helen David, Former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
- Food Delivery Platforms – New!
- 50 senior executives at food delivery platforms discussed the future of the business model and operational considerations such as commission structure from restaurants and the use of drivers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lila Benatoff, former Global Director at Deliveroo.
- 70 senior executives within the financial services industry across Europe and the US commented on the latest trends for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and provided their views on the outlook for this space.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Juliano Torii, former Senior Analyst at Sarria Limited.
- GLG Tracker: Corporate Back to Office II
- Second survey to follow the initial wave conducted in June 2021. 120 C-level executives working across the US, Europe and APAC discussed their back-to-office plans and whether or not they may be considering physical changes to their offices to minimise the potential spread and prioritise employee safety.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Peter Damesik, former Chairman of EMEA Research at CBRE.
- Debt Collectors
- 50 senior executives managing Non-performing loans (NPL) discussed the latest trends for the European debt collection market. Experts commented on how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in their industry and what actions were taken to adjust the expected collections in the last period.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.