GLG Network Survey Tracker: Hydrogen Market Overview IV
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 45 senior executives who are users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry in the US and Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the use of hydrogen as fuel replacement for green initiatives, revisiting the topic from the previous iterations in October 2021, April 2021 and October 2020.
- Experts provided their views on the legislative impact on the industrials industry and whether they promote hydrogen as clean fuel in their sector of expertise.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ views on the demand usage in the next 5 years as well as their projections for the price premium for green hydrogen in 10 years’ time.
Examples of findings:
- The major concerns respondents selected around the use of hydrogen include increased production costs (78%), increased safety procedures (58%), and personnel training for new safety protocols (42%).
- Reducing emissions is now seen as an essential priority by 49% of the experts, compared to 36% recorded back in October 2020.
- In the view of our experts, there will be a continued price premium for green hydrogen in 10 years’ time, with the majority (80%) stating this premium will be more than 5%.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at Acal Energy.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What impact do you think hydrogen will have on the listed industrial sectors?
- Is the use of hydrogen as a clean fuel being promoted in your sector(s) of expertise?
- What do you think will the price premium be for green hydrogen in 10 years’ time?
- What impact is government legislation going to have on your sector’s choice in making/using hydrogen?
- In the long term, what effect is hydrogen going to have in your sector(s)?
- To what extent is hydrogen safety a concern to you?
- What are your major concerns about the use of hydrogen?
- What would be the major benefit from using hydrogen?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Freight Forwarding – New!
- 60 executives internationally at freight forwarding companies discussed current trends within the industry and ongoing global implications on demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lars Bjorn Olsen, former CFO at Norfolkline.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in March 2021. 50 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US discussed electrification trends, Covid-19 impact, competitive landscape for Aston Martin, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes.
- Modular Space – New!
- 50 senior executives within the modular space industry commented on the outlook of the industry, as well as the impact of rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Gill, former CEO at HSS Hire Group.
- GLG Tracker: Bioplastics Market Overview III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in April 2021. 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business. The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Peter Clydesdale, former Chief Commercial Officer / co-CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
- OCTG Industry – New!
- 80 senior executives and procurement professionals working within the oil and gas space commented on the key purchasing criteria for OCTG (oil country tubular goods). These respondents have also provided a competitive assessment of providers such as Vallourec, Tenaris, NSSMC- Nippon Steel/ Sumitomo, Bohai, TMK, JFE Steel etc.
- Questionnaire was drafted by James King, Independent Consultant and Economic Advisor to industrial metals and raw materials industries.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.