GLG Network Survey: Holiday Parks
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
For this Network Survey, GLG interviewed 60 senior executives working at Holiday Parks in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market and provided their predictions for recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- The survey also looked into the outlook for 2021 and maintenance programmes for holiday parks in Europe.
- Lastly, experts provided their views on the ongoing restrictions and their impact on the business capacity for the rest of 2021.
Examples of findings:
- Overall, 35% of the experts stated that most businesses reduced their maintenance programmes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 88% of respondents reported that the current demand for accommodation is lower than usual for this time of the year compared to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- The majority of the respondents (58%) mentioned that holiday parks in their region plan to extend the season by at least 2 weeks if the national government permits this.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Graham White, Former Chief Executive Officer of Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Thinking about the maintenance programmes for holiday parks, what trend did you observe in your region?
- What are the significant ongoing additional cost burdens businesses have to absorb due to COVID-19 restrictions?
- Are there any COVID-19 restrictions still in place, which will adversely affect revenues in your region?
- How likely do you think that increased levels of competition in the holiday market will adversely affect businesses in your region?
- Have you experienced challenges recruiting personnel back into your business?
- How concerned are you that the return of foreign travel will affect your business levels?
- To what extent, if any, are holiday parks in your region planning to extend the season if the national government permits this?
- In your view, what initiatives or strategies to secure bookings for 2022 and beyond could holiday parks apply?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Alcoholic Beverages – New!
- 70 supermarket and bar/pub buyers of alcoholic beverages across the US and Europe discussed the outlook for spirits, beer, wine and hard seltzers going into summer. The survey also investigated the impact of COVID-19 on demand and whether or not consumer’ taste changed over the lockdown
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lou Applebaum, former SVP Business Development at Constellation Brands.
- Alternative Meat – New!
- 65 senior executives at alternative m eat com panies com mented on the outlook of the industry and how it is expected to fare against traditional meat-based products. The survey also discussed regulatory concerns within the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Post, CSO at Mos am eat.
- GLG Tracker: Car Rental II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 50 executives at car hire companies in Europe and the US commented on the longer-term effects of the slowdown on profitability, fleet valuation, labour and real estate costs and other planning decisions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Tristram-Walmsley, former Group Franchise Director at Europcar Mobility Group.
- Cinema Landlords – New!
- 30 senior executives operating within Cinema Real Estate in the UK commented on the future of the industry including how the space might expect to recover or future uses of cinema spaces. Furthermore, the survey investigated how landlords expect operators handle the recovery from COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Stephen Court, Former MD of Hammerson PLC. Data released June 2021.
- Gambling Consumers
- 2000 sportsbetting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc. .
- K-12 Education
- 60 Senior leadership heads at private k-12 education schools, discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. Looking at both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. The performance of major education groups was also discussed, looking at the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.