GLG Network Survey: Holiday Parks II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 senior executives working at Holiday Parks in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market and provided their predictions for recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- The survey also looked into the outlook for 2022 and maintenance programmes for holiday parks in Europe.
- Lastly, experts provided their views on the ongoing restrictions and their impact on the business capacity for the rest of 2022.
Examples of findings:
- The majority of respondents (60%) expect that elevated cleaning costs will continue post-COVID-19.
- The trend for ‘local’ vacations is set to continue, with 93% expecting customers will continue to forego foreign travel in the next 12 months.
- Parks expect to continue initiatives such as providing park vouchers (65%) and further limited offers (65%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Graham White, Former Chief Executive Officer of Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Thinking about the maintenance programmes for holiday parks, what trend do you think will take place over the next 18 months in your region?
- How will revenues be affected in your region in the following 6 months?
- What accommodation demand trends are you noting for the remainder of 2022 compared to previous years?
- In your view, what initiatives or strategies to secure bookings for 2023 and beyond could holiday parks apply?
- How likely do you think that increased levels of competition in the holiday market will adversely affect businesses in your region?
- In your region, what was the effect on capital expenditure during the past 18 months?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Luxury Product Retailers IV – New!
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in November 2021, second wave in April 2021 and first wave in October 2020. 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors provided insights into the current trends in this market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Helen David, Former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
- Food Delivery Platforms – New!
- 50 senior executives at food delivery platforms discussed the future of the business model and operational considerations such as commission structure from restaurants and the use of drivers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lila Benatoff, former Global Director at Deliveroo.
- GLG Tracker: Supply Chain Disruption II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in December 2021. 35 senior executives within the UK retail space discussed the ongoing supply chain disruption for retailers. Respondents evaluated the ongoing risk factors to the supply chain including Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham Wilkie, Managing Partner of Geodia.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.