GLG Network Survey: Haemophilia Treatments
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 haematologists who treat a high volume of haemophilia A and B patients in the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy).
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents discussed the current market dynamics for treatments for both Haemophilia A and Haemophilia B patients.
- The survey also looked at the number of patients who have used Hemlibra and then returned to concentrate.
- Lastly, the research analysed the effectiveness of prophylaxis and the experts’ projections on how many patients on prophylaxis have zero treated bleeds each year.
Examples of findings:
- 35% of the US experts mentioned that more than 40% of their Haemophilia A patients treated on demand use extended half-life concentrate, compared to 56% reported in Europe.
- Overall, 43% of haematologists reported that more than 10% of their patients have received gene therapy.
- In Europe, 57% of respondents stated that more than 40% of their patients on prophylaxis have zero treated bleeds each year.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Michael Laffan, Professor of Medicine at Imperial College London Academic Health Sciences Centre.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Approximately, what proportion of those Haemophilia B patients on prophylaxis are receiving the following?
- For those patients with Haemophilia A who are not receiving Hemlibra, but are on another form of prophylaxis what is the main reason for not using Hemlibra?
- What number of patients have used Hemlibra and then returned to concentrate?
- Please estimate the number of Haemophilia A patients who you think would use the following therapies in the first two years after they become available.
- Of those patients on prophylaxis, what proportion keep or submit reliable records of bleeding and treatment?
- Approximately, what proportion of your patients with Haemophilia A and inhibitors receive the following prophylaxis?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: IVF Clinics II - New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in May 2021. 70 IVF professionals (gynaecologists and senior level professionals at IVF clinics, public and private hospitals/ practices) across the US and Europe discussed the current demand trends and COVID-19 impact on the industry.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Kristof Kunzmann, former CFO at IVI UK.
- Liquid Biopsy Testing - New!
- 70 oncologists across the US and Europe commented on the adoption of liquid biopsy testing and use of various providers such as Guardant, Illumina, Thermo Fisher, Foundation Medicine etc.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Emmanuel Thomas, MD/PhD Member of Cancer Center Medical Protocol IRB Review and Monitoring Committee (MPRMC).
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.