GLG Network Survey: Geophysical Services
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 60 senior executives within the Geophysical Services industry, who discussed the current trend and outlook for these services and end markets.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the impact of COVID-19 on the Geophysical Services industry, such as revenue levels and contracts.
- Experts provided their views on the oil price and its resulting demand, alongside other implications for the Geophysical Services industry.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ views on their interest in cloud solutions going forward.
Examples of findings:
- When asked about the impact of the U.S government administration on the Geophysical Services industry, 56% of the respondents reported a positive impact.
- Of the risks facing the industry, respondents rated “development of renewable energy” as the greatest threat (43%) followed closely by government regulation (40%).
- Experts also discussed the relationship between Geophysical Services and the price of oil, with 78% of respondents answering that they ‘agree’ or ‘strongly agree’ that the price of oil and demand are correlated.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Council Member, Mike Edwards, Board Member at Geopost Energy.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What impact has COVID-19 had on your company’s revenue?
- Have any of your contracts been delayed or cancelled as a result of COVID-19?
- Within what areas of the geophysical services industry do you see cloud services will play a role?
- When do you estimate the oil and gas companies to start efforts again to explore for new acreage to add to their future production?
- What impact do you expect the U.S. government administration to have on the geophysical services industry?
- Which of the following external factors do you see as the greatest threat to the oil and gas industry?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “There is a correlation between the price of oil and industry demand for geophysical services”?
- What effect do you expect global politics to have on the price of oil and resulting demand for geophysical services in the next 1-3 years?
- What percentage of seismic data acquisition do you expect in the next 1-3 years for the proprietary market vs. the multi-client market?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy and Industrials (EI)
- GLG Tracker: Hydrogen II New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave published in December 2020. Revisiting the topic of the Hydrogen industry, 45 users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry, as well as manufacturing and construction, discussed about the use of hydrogen and how it can also be used as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at Acal Energy.
- European Airports Outlook New!
- 50 senior executives working at airports in Europe discussed about expected passenger volume and main factors that can help or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels. The survey also gathered insights about their views on COVID-19 passports and how their introduction will align with country quarantining restrictions, along with projections on which countries will recover the quickest from the impact of COVID-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alex Kirby, former Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at Gatwick Airport.
- Bioplastics Market Overview New!
- 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business. The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Marc Verbruggen, former President/CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
- Container Shipping New!
- 60 executives internationally at shipping container liners discussed current trends within the industry. The survey covered topics such as demand and volume from a regional perspective, as well as pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Williams, Managing Director at Shipping Strategy Ltd.
- Wind Turbine Market Overview
- 70 senior executives working in the wind power industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on their operations and purchasing plans. The survey also covered the competitive landscape of the key OEMs in the market along with the respondents’ projections on the future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Randall Tinkerman, former Consulting Due Diligence, Offshore Wind Tender Evaluator at the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate in Netherlands.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive Suppliers II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 60 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Spadafora, former Chief Engineer, Global SUV at General Motors Company.
- Drilling Market Overview
- 65 senior executives discussed their drilling activity and contractual impact in the last 12 months, impact of COVID-19 and their projections for the short and medium term.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Roger Hodgson, former Commercial and Marketing Director at Weatherford Drilling International.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Council Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.