GLG Tracker: Generics Market Overview II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 70 senior executives working in the pharmaceutical industry across Europe and US who discussed the impact of COVID-19 and the current trends for different key products. This is the second iteration following the first in June 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided their views on the current trends for different key products and discussed the impact of COVID-19 on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing promotions and business development.
- The survey also investigated the respondents’ projections for development in their key markets and therapeutic areas post-COVID-19.
- Lastly, the research looked at COVID-19 related changes/adaptations that are most likely to stay once the pandemic is over.
Examples of findings:
- In December 2021, 50% of respondents stated they had seen a negative COVID-19 impact on third-party development, compared to 40% reported in June 2021.
- When asked about COVID-19 related changes/adaptations that are most likely to stay once the pandemic will be over, 76% experts mentioned “additional/backup sources for API/bulk”, with a similar figure being reported back in June 2021.
- In the latest iteration of the survey, 77% of the experts stated that the development of their key therapeutic areas will increase post pandemic, compared to 55% reported in June 2021.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Rainer Wulf, former Director Corporate Development, Branded Products at STADA.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your in-house development?
- How has the COVID- 19 pandemic impacted your distribution?
- How has the COVID- 19 pandemic impacted your sales of key product categories?
- Which have been the key success factors to minimize the impact of the pandemic on your company?
- How do you forecast the future (post pandemic) development of your key markets?
- COVID- 19 related changes/adaptations are most likely to stay once the pandemic will be over?
- Which lessons learnt and/or experiences made during the pandemic do you consider the most important ones for the industry?
- How would you describe the main reasons for COVID-19-related sales deviations?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Healthcare (HC) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Pharmaceutical CDMOs II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first survey conducted in May 2021. 70 senior executives working at pharmaceutical companies who are currently outsourcing to CDMOs (e.g., Lonza, Recipharm, Cambrexetc.) discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and their projections on the outlook for 2021.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Andy Kelley, former Chief Operating Officer at NextPharma.
- Dental Aligners
- 55 orthodontists across the US and Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) provided a competitive overview of dental aligners such as Straumann (STMN) (ClearCorrect), Align Technology (ALGN) (Invisalign) and Dentsply (XRAY) (SureSmile(R) Aligner).
- Questionnaire was drafted by Matthew Ng, Board Member on the Texas Association of Orthodontists and Southwest Society of Orthodontists. Data released in August 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.