GLG Network Survey: Freight Forwarding
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 60 executives internationally at freight forwarding companies.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey captured a global overview of the Freight Forwarding industry, with regional perspectives from the US, Europe and Asia.
- Respondents discussed the operational challenges that are currently being faced within the industry such as supply chain issues.
- Furthermore, the research covered topics such as the impact of COVID-19 and the future of the industry.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents expect that consolidation will continue in the industry over the next 12-18 months, with 82% stating they expect this to increase.
- 90% of our experts believe that the digital freight forwarder market will grow in the coming years. Furthermore, 80% believe this is vital for long-term survival.
- Environmental concerns are expected to impact transportation costs, with 89% stating they expect costs to increase due to this in the next couple of years.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Lars Bjorn Olsen, former CFO at Norfolkline.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Looking at the previous 6 months, to what extent has there been difficulties in securing sufficient space with shipping and/or airlines?
- To what extent do companies in your industry view switching from traditional sea cargo to air as a priority in order to improve/secure delivery times?
- On the most part, have companies in your industry passed increased supply chain costs on to customers?
- In your view, who benefit most from the current market situation?
- How would you describe the impact that COVID-19 has had on the overall volume handled by freight forwarders in 2021?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement:“ The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in higher profits for the freight forwarding industry”?
- How fast do you expect the Digital Freight Forwarder market will grow in 2022 and 2023?
- To what extent do you agree with following statement: “The strategy of Maersk to become a true global integrator of logistics solution is the biggest single threat to the Freight Forwarding industry”?
- To what extent do you agree with following statement: “The digital freight forwarder market is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years”?
- In what way do you expect environmental concerns to impact transportation costs in the next couple of years?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Automotive OEMs III – New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in October 2021 and first wave in March 2021. 50 automotive OEMs based in Europe and US discussed electrification trends, Covid-19 impact, competitive landscape for Aston Martin, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes.
- Modular Space – New!
- 50 senior executives within the modular space industry commented on the outlook of the industry, as well as the impact of rising costs.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Gill, former CEO at HSS Hire Group.
- GLG Tracker: European Airline Executives IV
- Fourth wave to follow the third wave conducted in August 2021, second wave in February 2021 and initial wave conducted in August 2020. 50 current executives at European airlines shared their opinions on the impact of COVID and economic slowdown currently and longer term on passenger volumes, routes and air travel prices, how asset values will develop in the future.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Martin Lynch, former Head of Commercial Finance at EasyJet.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.