GLG Network Survey: Food Delivery Consumers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 2000 consumers of food delivery platforms across Europe (UK, Italy, France, Spain, and Germany) and the US.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey captured the views of consumers on various food delivery platforms, providing a competitive overview of these vendors.
- Respondents commented on their motivations to order on any given night and variables which would lead to them not deciding to order.
- Lastly, the research gathered perspectives on how their ordering behaviours have changed since COVID-19 and how they expect to continue going forward during a cost-of-living crisis.
Examples of findings:
- The most important variable for respondents in making the decision to order is selection/choice of restaurants (42%), followed by price (25%) and delivery time (24%).
- Nine out of ten respondents state that they expect cost of living increases to impact their spend on food delivery going forward.
- The vast majority of respondents (86%) noted that they switch between apps based on which app has a discount or promotion.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Lila Benatoff, former Global Director at Deliveroo.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How many times per month would you make a food delivery order in the following periods?
- Which vendor in your market is the best in terms of selection and good choice of restaurants?
- When making the decision to order, what is the most important factor for you?
- Do you anticipate ordering more or less in the next 12 months than you currently order?
- On a given night, what would make you not want to order?
- How often do you switch between apps based on which app has a discount or promotion?
- How important is sustainability (company’s sustainability policy, use of plastics, packaging etc.) to you when deciding to order?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Holiday Parks II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in July 2021. 60 senior executives working at Holiday Parks in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium) discussed the COVID-19 impact on the market. The survey also looked into the outlook of the market for 2022 and the respondents’ predictions for recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham White, Former Chief Executive Officer of Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work.
- GLG Tracker: Luxury Product Retailers IV – New!
- Fourth survey to follow the third wave conducted in November 2021, second wave in April 2021 and first wave in October 2020. 70 luxury brand retailers / distributors provided insights into the current trends in this market.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Helen David, Former Chief Growth Officer at Ralph & Russo Ltd.
- Food Delivery Platforms – New!
- 50 senior executives at food delivery platforms discussed the future of the business model and operational considerations such as commission structure from restaurants and the use of drivers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lila Benatoff, former Global Director at Deliveroo.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.