GLG Network Survey: Fintech Payment Platforms
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 95 retail customers of payment vendors, who discussed their usage of fintech payment solutions.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the Fintech payments landscape, assessing use and consideration of the various vendors such as Paypal, Apple, and Stripe.
- Furthermore, the survey investigated adoption of “Buy Now, Pay Later” solutions, potential integration of this and the timeline for doing so.
- Lastly, respondents evaluated the expected developments in the payment sector over the next couple of years.
Examples of findings:
- Just 24% of respondents expressed a preference for a traditional bank over the use of a paytech company, with this trend being consistent across all regions.
- The majority of respondents (58%) expressed dissatisfaction with high fees, with this trend being highest within the MENA region (75%).
- Looking at “Buy Now, Pay Later” solutions, just 39% responded that they offer this to customers. Furthermore, 45% are looking to introduce this solution.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Omar El Sherif, former director of Commercial International Bank (CIB).
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Full webcast report as presented by the Network Member
- What proportion of your customers pay using the following methods?
- What proportion of your sales do you expect to be online next year?
- In your view, what was the impact of COVID-19 on your business?
- Please indicate your preference for having a traditional bank processing your online payments versus a “paytech” company (e.g. PayPal, Shopify, Worldpay).
- What is the likely impact of the new paytech challengers on the incumbents?
- How likely are you to change your current payments processor within the next three years?
- In your opinion, which of the following companies has had the biggest impact on the payments sector over the past three years?
- Do you currently offer a buy now, pay later (BNPL) solution to your customers?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) or Financial Business Services (FBS) sectors (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- UK Insurance
- 30 senior executives working at insurance brokerages were interviewed on the current trends in the UK Insurance industry. Respondents discussed the future of the industry and implications of Brexit and regulatory changes.
- The survey was drafted by Brendan McCafferty, former CEO of Brightside Group PLC.
- GLG Tracker: Non-Performing Loans II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in November 2020. 30 directors working in banks across Spain, Italy and Greece commented on the demand of Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) in Covid-19 times, whether they are seeing an increase in NPLs, potential supply of NPLs and the appetite for demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- Accounting Software
- 90 customers of accountancy software providers discussed the competitive landscape of providers, COVID-19 considerations and general satisfaction with vendors.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Robert Lips, former SVP at Intuit. Data released in October 2021.
- GLG Tracker: Cybersecurity II
- Second survey to follow the first survey conducted in March 2021. 70 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler, Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and provided insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by GLG Network Surveys in partnership with William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure, LLC.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.