GLG Tracker: European and US Hotel Operators III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 hotel owners, brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives and managers across Europe and the US to understand how COVID-19 has impacted the hotel industry. This is the third wave to follow the first two surveys conducted in November 2020 and May 2020.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents provided their view on the disruption facing the lodging industry from the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the globe.
- The survey explored hotel operators’ perception on the short and long-term implications for hotel owners, franchisors, and lenders in the industry.
- The survey also investigated the possible relief that lenders and franchisors are providing to hotel owners during this time, as well as staffing reductions undertaken by hotel owners to mitigate losses.
- What was the occupancy rate in your hotel(s)? If you have more than one hotel, please provide an average across all locations.
- What is your expected revenue for the months below? If you have more than one hotel, please provide an average across all locations.
- What do you expect your occupancy rate to be?
- Compared to March 1st 2020, what percentage of your total staff is still employed as of today?
- What percentage of your hotel(s) are currently temporarily closed?
- What percentage of your hotel(s) do you expect will be permanently closed?
- When do you expect to reopen temporarily closed hotel(s)?
- What amount of the following business categories do you expect to be rebooked in 2021?
- What percentage of your lenders do you expect to offer deferral of interest during the COVID-19 crisis?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Consumer Goods and Services (CGS)
- Private Higher Education New!
- 70 senior education professionals (deans, professors/ teachers etc.) across the US and Europe working in the Private Higher Education space discussed about the impact of the pandemic on this market and its potential outlook for 2021 and beyond. These respondents also provided insight into changes and trends in tuition fees along with their projections for online education trends.
- Questionnaire was drafted by John Randolph Cox, former Chief Operating Officer at Global University Systems.
- K-12 Education New!
- 60 Senior leadership heads at private k-12 education schools, discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. Looking at both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. The performance of major education groups was also discussed, looking at the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc. Data released May 2021.
- Gambling Consumers New!
- 2000 sportsbetting and gambling consumers across the US and Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) discussed about their regular spend online and/or in-store now compared to pre COVID-19 along with their projections for post pandemic. These respondents also commented on how regulations impact their playing levels and whether or not they are thinking of switching accounts to other providers.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Philip Bowcock, former Group CEO at William Hill plc.
- GLG Tracker: OTA consumers III New!
- Third survey to follow the second wave conducted in November 2020 and first wave conducted in July 2020. 2000 consumers across Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK) and the US, discussed their upcoming plans to travel, past experience with booking business and leisure travels with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and metasearchesas well as their preference to book flight/accommodation through various sites.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director Strategy & Business Development at Edreams.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.