GLG Network Survey: European Gambling and Gaming
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives within the European gambling/gaming space within Europe (UK, France, Italy, Spain, and Germany).
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey investigated the current trends and outlook in the European gambling and gaming space.
- Furthermore, this survey covered the current risk factors within the industry, such as regulation.
- Lastly, respondents discussed their views on M&A within the space and the extent they believe there will be high activity in the coming period.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents believe that M&A activity is likely to grow over the next 3 years, with 96% stating this is likely or extremely likely.
- Furthermore, respondents believe that there will be tighter regulation of online gaming over the next 3 years, with 100% of respondents agreeing with this statement.
- Our experts evaluated the challenges facing the industry today. Regulation was identified as the greatest challenge (32%), followed by taxation (28%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Andy May, former Brand and Marketing Director at William Hill.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your view, how likely is further M&A activity over the next 3 years?
- In which countries do you believe further M&A activity is most likely?
- If the European market continues to consolidate, what would you expect to happen to single country operators?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement:“I expect there to be tighter regulation of online gaming over the next 3 years”?
- What impact do you believe additional regulation will have on market growth?, What type of player protection measures do you believe will be introduced over the next 5 years?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement:“I expect to see higher taxes introduced on betting and gaming operators over the next 5 years”?
- In your view, which of the following do you consider to be the biggest challenge facing the industry today?
- In your view, what do you see as the biggest growth opportunity for the industry?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Sportswear Retailers II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first iteration conducted in November 2020. 80 retailers of sportswear brands such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour discussed about the latest trends in brand demand and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Gwen Manto, former Chief Merchandising Officer at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- GLG Tracker: Bedbanks II – New!
- Second survey to follow the first wave from January 2021. 65 hotel managers and hotel owners across Europe and the US discussed their collaboration with Bedbanks (Hotelbeds, Webbeds, World 2 Meet etc.). Respondents provided their assessment of each Bedbank in terms of commission, technology, level of service, payment terms.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Uliano Lastrcuci, former Director at Edreams Odigeo.
- Grocery Market Overview – New!
- 60 senior executives and procurement professionals working at supermarket/grocery chains in the US, France and UK commented on the latest market trends and projections of demand for 2022. These experts also discussed the supply chain disruption within the grocery space.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Graham Wilkie, Managing Partner of Geodia.
- Pet Food Industry – New!
- 60 senior executives, store owners and category managers for pet food provided their projections for demand in the following period. These respondents also commented on the performance of private label versus A label brands.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jan Scheurwater, former Head of Sales at United Pet Food.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.