GLG Network Survey Tracker: European Airports III
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior European airport executives who discussed current trends within the industry.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on passenger volumes and how these have changed over time, revisiting the topics from the first wave in April 2021 and second wave conducted in October 2021.
- The research assessed the main factors that can accelerate or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels and captured experts’ insights on airlines’ flights volume projections for the next 12 months.
- Lastly, the survey also gathered airport executives’ views on COVID-19 passports and how their introduction will align with country quarantining restrictions, along with projections on countries that will recover fastest from the impact of COVID-19.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents are more pessimistic on the timeline for returning to pre COVID-19 passenger volumes, with only 30% estimating this will happen by the end of 2022 compared to 78% recorded in October 2021.
- There has been a shift in terms of the perceived factors that will contribute to recovery, with 37% now believing the most important factor is a globally approved standard for international travel – a considerable raise from just 8% in April 2021.
- In April 2022, 90% of the experts stated they expect duty free outlets’ revenues to return to pre-COVID-19 levels before the end of 2023.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Alex Kirby, Former Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at Gatwick Airport.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What are the projected passenger volumes for the following years at your airport?
- In your view, what are the main factors that will contribute the most to the recovery of the aviation industry?
- How are your airline clients planning to operate their air services in 2022 in terms of number of destinations served?
- How are your airline clients planning to operate their air services in 2022 in terms of frequency of air services?
- What is the projected revenue for the following airport areas in 2022?
- What is the projected level of employee numbers for the end of 2022?
- In your view, which of the following European countries will recover first from the impact of COVID-19 in terms of passenger volumes?
- In your view, which of the following European countries will recover first from the impact of COVID-19 in terms of dependency of air travel for both business and leisure because of their geographic location?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Cement Industry – New!
- 70 senior executives working in the cement industry discussed about ongoing trends and the outlook of the space. These respondents also provided their views on the areas that will benefit the most from the growth in digitalization.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Gerard Kuperfarb, former Group Head of Growth and Innovation at Holcim Ltd.
- Freight Forwarding – New!
- 60 executives internationally at freight forwarding companies discussed current trends within the industry and ongoing global implications on demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Lars Bjorn Olsen, former CFO at Norfolkline.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.