GLG Network Survey Tracker: EU Telecom Industry II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG surveyed 50 senior executives working at telecom companies in Europe. This is the second iteration in this tracker series.
What will you learn from this survey?
- Respondents commented on consumer shifts compared to pre COVID-19, fibre roll-out, 5G, towers divestiture and regulations.
- The survey gathered a competitive assessment of the biggest telecom players in Europe.
- Lastly, the research gathered the experts’ views on the future of the industry, including further consolidation in the space.
Examples of findings:
- Overall, 67% of the respondents consider Orange to be one of the best placed players to grow in the context of the market environment over the next 5 years.
- When asked about regulatory trends that have the biggest impact on the telecom sector, 72% mentioned “network regulation”, followed by “cybersecurity” (62%).
- More than half of the experts (56%) anticipate an increase of at least 10% in investments for fiber in the next 3 years.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Thomas Engelbertz, former CEO Internet of Things (IoT) – Consumer at Vodafone.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your view, who are the biggest players in the market? Please rank the top 3, with one being the biggest player.
- How would you rate the reputation of the following players?
- Which of the following do you consider to be the best placed players to grow in the context of the market environment over the next 5 years?
- Which of the following do you consider to be most likely to be a trendsetter or innovator in the industry in the next 5 years?
- In the market in general, what development was there in the last 2 years in terms of overall telecoms margin in the industry?
- What are the top 3 major innovation challenges you foresee to be the most important in the industry in the next 3 years?
- How do you expect investments into fiber rising in the next 3 years?
- How much do you agree with the following statement: “It is very likely to see significant further consolidation in the industry in the next 3 years”?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) sector. This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconference, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription. Availability of this Network Survey is also subject to your firm’s compliance requirements. Please also note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.