GLG Network Survey: European Care Homes
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 50 senior executives within the care home industry throughout Europe.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey investigated the current trends and outlook of the care home industry throughout Europe (France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the UK).
- Furthermore, this research covered the impact of inflation and regulation on the industry moving forward.
- Lastly, respondents discussed their views on staffing, including the proportion of overseas staff, and overall satisfaction.
Examples of findings:
- The level of occupancy required to receive a return is reported by the majority of respondents to sit between 86%-95%, with only 2% of respondents stating this is below 80%.
- Homes are expected to raise their fees in 2022, with 70% stating this will raise by 4% or more.
- The majority of respondents believe that regulation is going to become much more stringent in the next 3-5 years (58%).
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Philip Whitecross, NED at Care UK.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- How many homes does your organisation run?
- For new home builds, what is the average mature occupancy assumption to achieve a return?
- On average, what is the staff turnover for carers in your industry?
- On average, what is the staff turnover for nurses in your industry?
- What is your base hourly rate for your most junior carers?
- For leasehold homes, what is the industry average rent cover?
- Industry-wide, how many staff hours on average are incurred per resident day (PPD)?
- What proportion of your homes are nursing (as opposed to residential) homes?
- Looking at the industry average, what percentage of staff are recruited from overseas?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Consumer Goods and Services sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: K12 Education III
- Third survey to follow the second iteration conducted November 2021 and first wave conducted in May 2021. 60 senior leadership heads at private K-12 education schools discussed the current market demand for K12 private education. The survey looked at schools in both developed and emerging markets such as Europe, South America and Asia. We also discussed the performance of major education groups, with focus on the major players in the sector and their market presence.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Jonathan Wynne, former Head of M&A at Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- GLG Tracker: Cruise Operators IV
- Fourth survey to follow the third survey conducted in October 2021, second survey in April 2021 and first wave in September 2020. 70 cruise travel agents across Europe shared their views on current outlook and booking situations since the impact of Covid-19, as well as current customer concerns and how they will change the types of cruises that are in demand.
- Questionnaire was drafted by David Noyes, former CEO of Carnival UK.
- GLG Tracker: Hotel Operators V
- Fifth survey to follow the fourth wave conducted in August 2021, third wave in April 2021, second wave in October 2020 and first wave in May 2020. 50 hotel brand franchisees, C-suite hotel chain executives across Europe and the US discussed the latest trends in the space and COVID-19 impact.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Neil Amin, current CEO at Shamin Hotels. Data released in March 2022.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.