GLG Network Survey: ESG Investments II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 90 ESG and non-ESG investors who are planning to invest in ESG in the future. This is the second survey following the first iteration conducted in July 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The research assessed the importance the current environmental, social and governance issues for ESG investors.
- Respondents commented on the most common exclusionary criteria for ESG investments and provided their views on the likelihood of investors starting to use UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of their investment framework.
- Lastly, the survey looked into the key regulatory developments asset managers should be aware of that would influence their ESG practices and products.
Examples of findings:
- In this wave, 87% of experts said it is likely ESG investing will become a standard in the next 5 years which is the same figure as July 2021 (87%).
- Half (53%) of respondents say the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are ‘extremely important’ as part of the investment framework for ESG investors.
- The majority (87%) of experts say that companies are likely to start using the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of their investment framework.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Christopher Boyd, former Environmental Policy Development at European Commission.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- Which of the following are the top 5 most common exclusionary criteria for ESG investors?
- In your view, what are the top 3 most important environmental issues for ESG investors?
- In your view, what are the top 3 most important social issues for ESG investors?
- In your view, what are the top 3 most important governance issues for ESG investors?
- How important are the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your view as part of the investment framework for ESG investors?
- Please rank the top 3 SDGs you think companies support the most.
- How likely do you think ESG investing will become a standard in the next 5 years for other funds similar to yours?
- From your experience, what are the top 3 biggest ESG challenges?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Financial Business Services (FBS), Legal, Economic & Regulatory Affairs (LERA) and Accounting and Financial Analysis (AFA) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- GLG Tracker: Debt Collectors II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in December 2021. 50 senior executives managing Non-performing loans (NPL) discussed the latest trends for the European debt collection market. Experts commented on how COVID-19 has impacted the legal/regulatory regime for companies in their industry and what actions were taken to adjust the expected collections in the last period.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Najib Nathoo, Managing Director of the Rede Company and former CEO of Hoist Finance Region West.
- GLG Tracker: Fintech Payments II
- Second survey to follow the first iteration in November 2021. 95 retail customers of payment vendors were interviewed on their usage of fintech solutions. Respondents assessed their preferences with regard to different paytech companies as well as “Buy Now, Pay Later” solutions.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Omar El Sherif, former director of Commercial International Bank (CIB).
- Market Research Firms
- 70 customers of Market Research firms, such as Kantar, Ipsos, and Nielsen, were interviewed on their usage of these firms and what influences their use of these.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Nick Findlay, former Global Head of Operations at Kantar.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.