GLG Network Survey: ERP Value Added Resellers
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 70 Value Added Resellers of ERP software such as Epicor, Infor, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and Sage on the current sales trends for ERP VARs and the impact of COVID-19 on their pipeline.
What will you learn from this survey?
- The survey explored the current sales trends for ERP VARs and the impact of COVID-19 on their pipeline.
- Respondents commented on the vendors and packages they offer and how they trend.
- Lastly, the research captured respondents’ views on interest in cloud solutions going forward and service providers for this.
Examples of findings:
- Value-added resellers of ERP software assessed “Oracle” (38%) and “SAP” (40%) as most adversely affected by COVID-19.
- The outlook for new or expanded sales seems to depend upon geography, with 55% in the US stating that Sage is best positioned, whereas 56% in Europe selected SAP.
- The main impact of COVID-19 appears to be extended sales cycles (65%). However, 2021 is seeing a recovery with 77% of vendors seeing an increase in sales compared to 2020.
- Customer Relationship Management is the module clients most typically purchase (51%) as part of their implementation, both in Europe (54%) as well as the US (45%), followed by Financial Management (39%) and Order Management (39%). However, after implementation, clients mostly prefer Project Management (37%).
- Respondents agree that vendors that can provide advanced features and functions requested by clients faster than others are likely to become their preferred supplier.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- What kind of ERP implementations are you typically selling and integrating?
- Which of the following ERP modules do customers typically purchase as part of their initial implementation?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “COVID-19 has negatively impacted our pipeline for ERP sales in 2021”?
- What is your forecast for ERP license and/or services sales in 2021 compared to 2020?
- Are you currently on target to meet your 2021 ERP software sales targets?
- Which ERP vendors have been most adversely affected by COVID-19?
- Which ERP vendors do you think are better positioned for new or expanded ERP sales in 2021?
- What percentage of your current ERP customers do you expect to migrate from a premise-based ERP solution to a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) based ERP solution in the next three years?
- What do you consider to be the main factor that would encourage customers to stay with their current ERP vendor as they migrate to the cloud?
- How soon do you expect your concerns around cloud service providers to impact your business?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT)
- Advertising Platforms – New!
- 80 marketing leads based in the US, Europe and Australia discussed their online strategy and platform use. The survey particularly analysed the strengths, weaknesses and use cases of Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Ads in digital strategy.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Joey Alva, CEO at Rockit Digital Marketing.
- 70 cybersecurity resellers of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Symantec, Z-Scaler, Juniper discussed the latest demand in the market and will provide insight into the challenges faced by companies in Europe and US.
- Questionnaire was drafted by William Floyd, current CIO/CTO at Maxxsure,LLC. Data released in March 2021.
- GLG Tracker: ERP Software II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in Nov 2020. 60 resellers of ERP software such as SAP, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Netsuite, Workday, Oracle, Informatica, Lexmark, Salesforce discussed about the sales trends, market demand, competitive landscape and pricing dynamics.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dr Gopal Kutwaroo, Managing Partner at Intellsoft and former Global Vice President, Cloud SaaS Product Management & Product Marketing at The Sage Group PLC. Second wave data released in February 2021.
- Sage Customers
- 80 customers of Sage software discussed the competitive landscape of Sage software, outlook in terms of purchasing plans, COVID-19 considerations and general customer satisfaction with Sage.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Yaj Malik, former EVP and MD for Sage. Data released in March 2021.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.