GLG Network Survey: E-Mobility
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
GLG interviewed 95 senior executives from the Oil & Gas industry and Automotive industry who discussed the topic of e-mobility and electric vehicles charging infrastructure.
What will you learn from this survey?
- This survey discussed the future of the Oil & Gas industry in light of the implications electric vehicles may have on that industry.
- Furthermore, the survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 on the industry and how it is expected to perform going forward.
- Lastly, respondents quantified uptake of electric vehicles going forward and the impact this may have on other industries such as equipment suppliers and Automotive OEMs.
Examples of findings:
- Respondents assessed the future of Oil & Gas service stations/forecourts, with 49% agreeing that these would be replaced by EV destination charging by 2030.
- In terms of existing regulation for an EV charging offering, this was much more prevalent in Europe (49%), with US respondents noting they expect these will come “in the near future” (50%).
- When assessing sales volume during COVID-19, 62% of respondents believe that EV sales will have increased during this time and 89% believe sales will continue to rise beyond the pandemic.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Anders Rudlang, CTO of Electric Freeway.
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”) in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- Executive summary with key takeaways and highlights from the raw data.
- In your view, what has been the impact of Electric Vehicles (EV’s) on annual revenues for the Oil & Gas sector in your local market (country) within the past 3 years?
- Do you have an estimate of the % of battery EV’s (BEV’s) passenger vehicles there will be in traffic in your local country by 2025?
- Who do you expect to be the main owner/supplier of public EV charging services in your country by 2030?
- Do you expect ICE fuelling stations to survive in the future market by 2030 in your region/country/state if they do not offer EV charging services?
- Where would you expect consumers to purchase home charging stations from?
- To what extent do you expect destination charging (charging at shopping centers, retail stores, restaurants, tourist centers) to replace public charging at service stations/forecourts by 2030 in your country/state?
- What impact do you believe COVID-19 has had on the sale of electric vehicles?
- To what extent do you agree with the following statement: “I expect EV sales to rise beyond the COVID-19 pandemic”?
- Who will be the players competing for the best fast charging locations in your country/region?
- What margins on electric fuel do you expect EV charging operators to achieve in your country/region?
This survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). This offer includes the raw data file and a high-level presentation through PowerPoint. Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
- Testing, Inspection and Certification – New!
- 70 senior executives working at Testing, Inspection and Certification companies within the US and Europe commented on the future of the industry and projected growth as well as the impact of COVID-19 and the disruption in terms of postponements and cancellations.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Emmanuel-Jean Petit, former CEO at Apave International.
- GLG Tracker: Airport Ground Handling III – New!
- 50 current executives at ground handling operators, airlines and airport operators in the USA, UK, France and Germany discussed planning and forecasting recovering following COVID-19. This is the third wave to follow the second wave conducted in February 2021 and first wave conducted in June 2020.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Richard van Bruygom, former Head of Strategy, EAS at Etihad Airways, former CEO, Americas at WFS and former President at Swissport.
- GLG Tracker: Airline Lessors III – New!
- Third wave to follow the second wave conducted in March 2021 and first wave conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discount their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings.
- Coal Phase-Out – New!
- 70 senior executives working at power plants and utility companies in Europe and North America provided their views on the organisational, investment and market implications of the coal phase-out. The survey also gathered insights into alternatives that fuel organisations are planning to use in the future and what prerequisites are missing for the market to become ready for the phase-out of coal.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Markus Hatwig, former Head of Group Strategy for the Vattenfall Group.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG captures in the Network Survey.