GLG Network Survey Tracker: Elevators Market Overview II
Please complete the form below to request access to the survey data.
The GLG Surveys team interviewed 75 experts in the elevator industry across the US and Europe – second survey to follow the first wave conducted in January 2021.
What will you learn from this survey?
- US and European elevator industry experts shared their views on current trends and their projections for market recovery after COVID-19.
- The survey investigated the impact of COVID-19 on both new installations and repairs.
- Respondents also discussed their level of concern towards COVID-19 slowing down the level of urbanisation and reducing the overall elevator market growth.
Examples of findings:
- In May 2021, 11% of respondents stated that the elevator industry needs less than a year to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic impact, compared to 22% reported in January 2021.
- 82% of experts agreed that the elevator modernisation market will be accelerated by the obsolescence of system components, up by 32% from the data collected in the first iteration of the survey.
- In January 2021, most respondents (92%) mentioned a moderate/major COVID-19 impact on the new installation market. However, this has shifted slightly in May 2021, when only 69% reported such an impact.
The GLG Surveys team drafted the questionnaire with the support of GLG Network Member, Robert Williams, owner of Legacy Elevator Advisors LLC.
The standard deliverable includes:
- 1 x Individual responses (“raw data”), in Excel.
- 1 x PPT report with aggregated data.
- What impact do you believe the IoT solutions will have on gross margins over the next two years?
- How long do you believe it will take for the elevator industry to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- In your opinion, what is the probability of the elevator modernization market to expand at an increasing pace in the next 3-5 years?
- Which of the following best describes the trends in the billable repair segment that you expect to see in the next 3 to 5 years?
- How much of an impact has obsolescence had on the expansion of the billable repair market?
- Which of the following best describes the trajectory of the new installation market for the next 2 years?
- What is the level of concern you have about COVID-19 slowing the level of urbanization and reduce overall elevator market growth?
- What are the disruptive technologies that you see that have the potential to impact the elevator market in the next 3 years?
- Of the four major elevator companies, in your opinion, who has shown to be the most innovative?
The survey is available to subscribers of the Energy and Industrials (EI) sector (Limited subscriptions and above). Please contact your GLG representative for details on your firm’s access or click the button below to inquire.
Request other available and upcoming Network Surveys within the sector:
Energy and Industrials (EI)
- GLG Tracker: Hydrogen Market Overview II New!
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in December 2020. 45 users of hydrogen in the energy and industrials industry, as well as manufacturing and construction, discussed about the use of hydrogen and how it can also be used as fuel replacement for green initiatives.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Brendan Bilton, former Managing Director at AcalEnergy.
- European Airports Outlook New!
- 50 senior executives working at airports in Europe discussed about expected passenger volume and main factors that can help or slow down the recovery to pre COVID-19 levels. The survey also gathered insights about their views on COVID-19 passports and how their introduction will align with country quarantining restrictions, along with projections on which countries will recover the quickest from the impact of COVID-19.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Alex Kirby, former Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at Gatwick Airport.
- Bioplastics Market Overview New!
- 60 senior executives working across a broad range of industries who are currently using/converting bioplastics across the US and Europe discussed about the latest trends in the market and the COVID-19 impact on their business. The survey also gathered insights about the future bioplastics demand and budget allocation.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Marc Verbruggen, former President/CEO at NatureWorks LLC.
- Container Shipping New!
- 60 executives internationally at shipping container liners discussed current trends within the industry. The survey covered topics such as demand and volume from a regional perspective, as well as pricing.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Mark Williams, Managing Director at Shipping Strategy Ltd.
- Wind Turbine Market Overview
- 70 senior executives working in the wind power industry discussed the COVID-19 impact on their operations and purchasing plans. The survey also covered the competitive landscape of the key OEMs in the market along with the respondents’ projections on the future outlook.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Randall Tinkerman, former Consulting Due Diligence, Offshore Wind Tender Evaluator at the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate in Netherlands.
- GLG Tracker: Automotive Suppliers II
- Second survey to follow the first wave conducted in August 2020. 60 current procurement and supply chain professionals at European OEMs discussed their views on future purchasing intention and vendor preferences.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Paul Spadafora, former Chief Engineer, Global SUV at General Motors Company.
- Drilling Market Overview
- 65 senior executives discussed their drilling activity and contractual impact in the last 12 months, impact of COVID-19 and their projections for the short and medium term.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Roger Hodgson, former Commercial and Marketing Director at Weatherford Drilling International.
- GLG Tracker- Aircraft Leasing Executives II
- Second wave to follow the initial survey conducted in September 2020. 70 current executives at commercial aircraft leasing companies globally discussed the levels of discounting their airlines customers are asking for.
- Questionnaire was drafted by Dick Forsberg, former Head of Strategy at Avolon Holdings until March of 2019.
To request data for these surveys, or see our other ones available, follow the link to our Network Survey Hub.
Please be advised that GLG Network Surveys operate differently than traditional GLG consultations, surveys, teleconferences, etc. and it is advisable that you consult with your firm’s legal and/or compliance department to review your use of the product and the payment for such work under your current subscription.
By downloading this document and/or participating in the Network Survey, you understand and agree that the information and material provided by GLG, including survey results and survey proposal information, is provided for your own insight and informational purposes only. You further acknowledge and agree that this is a Network Survey for multiple GLG clients, and the results will be provided to all GLG clients that agree to participate in the Network Survey and GLG clients that agree to purchase the Survey results in the future. All survey results do not constitute investment advice or a recommendation. In using this Survey, you agree to hold Gerson Lehrman Group and the Survey respondents harmless and free of all liability as a result of your use of this Network Survey, other than liability resulting from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the protected party. You otherwise agree to be bound by Gerson Lehrman Group’s Usage Policies in your interactions with Gerson Lehrman Group and your receipt of services. These Survey results are for are for client’s own use and client shall not redistribute, disseminate, publish, or display the same, in whole or in part, to any third parties or publicly without the prior written permission of Gerson Lehrman Group, except explicitly set forth in your agreement with GLG. This survey will be double-blinded to both client and respondent. GLG reserves the right to restrict the number of clients that can pre-commit access. These Network Surveys are priced outside of standard GLG subscriptions but at a substantially reduced price to commissioning a fully proprietary GLG Network Survey. Upon finding these terms acceptable, please send an affirmative confirmation via email, which GLG will file in its records. Once confirmed, please note that the Client’s agreement to purchase the Network Survey is a legally binding and irrevocable commitment. If the survey is not included within your subscription, GLG will invoice Client for the fees due for the Network Survey. Please note that some respondents may not be Network Members, and the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership would not apply to such respondents and detailed records for them will not be available aside from the information that GLG capture in the Network Survey.